Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hi dixie ... to read our reviews of this complex, please click here.

David :wave
congratualtions! good choice we got married last october at the radisson and had a ball! we booked through thomas cook and so used one of their malta based co-ordinators who actually being maltese helped a lot with any arrangements and trips to the register office in valetta.
our plan was to spend a week alone and then the rest of our party to join us for the second week and the ceremony was to be at the end of the week.
now to the problems! because the radisson caters for large conventions and business parties we received a message on the friday before the rest of our group was due on tuesday that due to overbooking! with a large convention that the rest of the party would have to be moved to a different hotel! well :x phone calls with distraught mother-in-laws still in the u.k bride to be upset we finally managed to get a compromise where the radisson moved ALL of us to another hotel for week two and upgraded us all to FULL BOARD! the hotel we actually moved to was far superior - the hilton which is more central to the nightlife. moving also meant a change of venue for the reception - instead of using the "bistro" at the radisson we chose the thai resturant at the hilton "the blue elephant" - fantastic :D :D . by law the ceremony still had to be held at the radisson and of the choices of venue we chose "the conservatory" which is on the first floor overlooking the sea and visible from the front entrance because it was windy we had to have it indoors but this didn't affect it.
overall it was a fantastic experience and it gives me fond memories remembering all this as i write! we got a dvd of the marriage as a goodwill gesture too!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.