Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hi Shortbread

Welcome to HTs :wave

I suggest you post in the TIMESHARE FORUM HERE for further advice.

Pippy :D
Hi I have also won a weeks holiday and have taken up the offer. i know someone who has been and sat through the presentation, it was very good and it is something you would probably like to buy, but they didnt have a really hard sell and the rep accepted that they didnt want to buy. Annie
Hi,

I have been to Malta over the years and enjoy the island everytime I visit. I don't think you have anything to worry about as I have been on a presentation around a couple on resorts worldwide.

Having visited Malta only this year and stayed at another 3* hotel on the island I visited and watched as the development took shape on a website. The building looks quite amazing for Malta and I am looking forward to taking up their offer.

I figure if I can stay at a well known hotel and receive a five star service and all that is going to happen is someone is going to show me their hotel, I have no problem with this. I wouldn't worry about anything. If they do try to sell you something you don't want you can always just say 'no thank you'.

As for turning funny I think you are thinking of bad press that timeshare has received. I did a little background checking and most well known hotels like Radisson, Marriott and even Hilton all sell timeshare or vacation ownership. I hope that helps. Have a good holiday. :)
Hi Shortbread,

Don't be worried. Just bear in mind that these presentations, in our experience, never take "about 2 hours" - it's usually at least half a day. But we enjoy them and have never had a problem saying "No thanks!".

We're going to the Radisson on such a trip in May and it's our first time in Malta. We are very much looking forward to it. This is my first time on the Malta forum and I've got a lot of reading to do .........! :wave
OK, been lurking for a while before a visit to Golden Bay just to see whats what in Malta as we were planning to buy an apartment. The Golden Bay / Radisson offer came up and was too good to refuse.We just got back last night!
A week in 5 * brand new hotel including an immense breakfast for £99! Too good to be true?
We went through the sales presentation and said after 2 hours that was enough. They tried to convince us that we would miss out but pressure was not that high to be honest. Some of the information was dubious especially the resale values which were ridiculous but you have to use your head.Tell them you are not interested and thats it - enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Flights cost £140 for two from Thompson.
Car hire £75 for a week.

Cant think of the attraction of committing thousands of pounds to a week in a hotel room and paying £300 odd a year on top for "service charge". The lease period was 40 years but no hotel would last anywhere near that time scale. It would be wrecked long before then. As i said we were in at the beginning so everything top notch.
Talking to others i realised there was a bit of an industry; taking up these offers with no intention to buy. Professional timeshare timewasters i guess you call them. Great fun!
Bought an apartment so will not need the Radisson but a very nice hotel.

Freddy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.