Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Been to Skiathos twice, also Skopelos, which is hydrofoil or ferry from skiathos. Found this to be more Greek, If you are not keen on beaches, Skopelos , Evlalia Studios, 1/4 hour walk down to the harbour, nice pool, evenings lovely by the harbour, locals out with their families. Skiathos we do like but more british. Skopelos web shows accommodations.You would get some time in Skiathos before the hydrofoil and on your return a few hours also. Hope you find somewhere[/list]
Do visit all three islands - Skiathos Skopolos and Allonisos. Skiathos is the more lively as it has the airport and ease of transfer.

Skiathos is easily my favourite because it has the beaches, ease of access to nightlife and great transport to the other islands.

I love Allonisos for its beauty but that too is becoming more commercial - Quite how the new tavernas up in the old town chora make a living amazes me. However that will not stop me making my way over there from Skiathos in the summer. The views ar stunning.

Skopolos, well I enjoy the town in the evening or for a coffee and a stroll round the shops, and of course the delicious skopolos cheese pie. Panormos for its overcrowded beach and the yachts. I would have loved to have been there in the early days - do read "The Gates of the Wind (Michael Carroll)" for how it used to be.

Whilst on Skiathos a must visit by water taxi are the archepelago islands of Arkos and Tsougria best seen on a trip aboard the Thimios from Skiathos town and going round the island.
Hi Naughty, can always rely on you for your knowledge of Skiathos and the best places to go and see! This will be our 4th visit to Skiathos (we go end of June) and are still finding out new things and the best places to eat & drink, with usually a little help from your self!!
When are you going this year? I always look at other people there and wonder if anyone I see are from this forum!! :lol:

cheers
Jan
Hi Jan

Been twice this year already :oops: , next trip is in July :wink:
It's well worth looking at Troulos on Skiathos. Some very very nice Tavernas, beaches and bars in the area, and it's only a bus ride to Skiathos town.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.