Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
I've added this hotel to our review site. If anyone has stayed here please add your review here:-

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/

Many thanks

It looks nice Tiny. There's a video here:- http://www.heartofmalta.com/hotel/malta/mt/bugibba/relax-inn-hotel.aspx
:tup many thanks glynis for the relax inn video,i found it very interesting,as you say this hotel sounds o-k on the face of it,lets see what other people say before i make a booking,i know this hotel is classed as a three star so i'm not expecting five star service,just a comfortable room,reasonable food,good weather and a smile.
;) well it seems that nobody on this forum has stayed at the relax inn hotel bugibba so i have taken a chance and booked for one week from 25th may 2011, i got a good deal booking with travel republic on line,sheduled air malta from gatwick with airport parking, mini bus return transfers in malta, one week b&b at the relax inn,£275 the lot,how bads that.! i will,of course,post a review when i return,cheers everyone and happy holidays,tiny. ps.excellent flight times too,no red-eye
hiya, though i have never stayed there my friends nan goes and she loves it there. am looking for a cheap week end of march and it's on my list.
:) hi moo,thanks for your response,great to know that your friends nan enjoys her stays at this small hotel in bugibba, if you do decide to give it a try in march next year i would be interested in your comments should you post a review on this site,cheers and happy holidays.tiny6862.
Hi tiny6862, I have stayed at the Relax Inn and am going back next month.

You sort of get what you pay for in decor but the people who run the place are great. Although I didn't spend too much time at the hotel, you certainly didn't feel like just a number, in fact it took them only a day or so to match a face to a room key, making the small card given to you alomost redundant.

As I said, the decor is a little tired, they say it was refurbished in 2000 and the furniture hasn't been updated since then but it works, what more could you want. Beds are standard matress on what appears to be an MDF box but seeing as you've stayed in various hotels in Malta, this won't be a surprise. Rooms are cleaned daily by friendly and efficient housekeeping staff.

I stayed B&B and the breakfast is buffet style usuals - bread, toast, cheese, sliced meat etc etc. You can get a full english for only a few euro. I don't know what lunch or dinner was like as I had my other meals in town.

The hotel was, I guess, about half full in October, mostly retirement age people staying there and I only saw one child in the hotel all week. There is a bar to the rear of reception and a pool table there too I think. A small "library" is next to reception with a couple of sofas. Up on the roof, there is a deck and a splash pool with the usual views of Bugibba. There was free WiFi available in the reception/library/bar area with the passcode available from the receptionist.

I have no need to describe the location as I see you have stayed next door in the Primera and you obviously know the area well.

In summary, as a regular to Malta, you will understand that the price you pay reflects in the accomodation you get and not expect the earth for a few pennies, but this is a perfectly acceptable, clean hotel with friendly staff and a very convenient location.

I booked in March with Easyjet Holidays and am paying just over £200 for four nights - cheaper than a long weekend at a Travelodge in Torquay ;)
:tup hi drillpig137,sorry for delay in responding to your excellent review,pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the relax inn hotel in bugibba hope your trip in march goes/went well,if you have any further comments i would be interested in your opinion,you certainly got a good price with easyjet holidays,i must give them a try next time i book a trip to this magic isle,
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.