EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Hello Tina
I don't have any property on the Black Sea Coast but I do have a ski chalet in Borovets, and previously had an apartment there. The best way to decide on your prices is to look at what others are charging, particularly in the same block. Then see how your apartment compares with theirs. Does yours have anything special eg it's larger than most, perhaps at the corner of the building. Is there anything you can include free, so the clients think they're getting something for nothing? Regarding the management company charging you a flat fee for the season - I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole! You might not get many rentals. Better if they charge you on a per rental basis, plus maybe a lower fee for empty weeks. Hope this helps.
Hi Tina

I presently don't intend letting them out, & I agree with Madabout, you may not get any income, some of the package holidays are as cheap as Flight Only.

Good Luck all the same

Gary
:cheers hi gary and madabout,
thanks for the advice. i wasnt too keen on giving the managment company €600 as i think i pay them enough already!!
plus gary is right about the flights...they are still quite dear over here in ireland. you can get cheap flights if you take 2 flights there and back but most of them you have to spend 3,4, hours or even an overnight stay in some country i cant even prenounce!!!
its a pity the sales rep didnt mention the rental problems when we bought the apartment. just like you id say you were given the whole " high rental" jargon. :rofl guess whos laughing now!!

thanks again to both of you :tup
tina
its a pity the sales rep didnt mention the rental problems when we bought the apartment.

Unfortunately, I suspect that the rep didn't mention the massive overavailability of beds that exists in Sunny Beach, due to excessive development, either Tina.

Baldur
there was a lot of things the rep didnt tell...believe me!! i have friends and family that use my apartment so im lucky in that respect, plus we have a very small mortgage on it...just God help anyone who has a big mortgage and cant rent it out!! i do hope that Bulgaria doesnt go as bad as the likes of spain as it is a beautiful country...but thats progress for you! we hope to visit Varna and other cities when we next visit as were not a "stay on the beach all day" type of family. are there any other cities or towns you can reccommend we go to? we loved old Nessabar, but felt some of the stalls on the streets spoilt it a bit!
thanks
tina
Never put anything in this bit before, so sorry for the delay.

I've got an apartment between Sunny Beach and St Vlas. Where one ends and the other starts is now a bit of a puzzle.
If you read all the posts you'll know I mentioned the moving signposts.

Our apartment is in the Yalta complex. Its really just the Yalta hotel, then a row of nice low rise apartments down to the sea.
Its split into 3 or 4 seperate sections, each with their own pool.

Our bit has about 50 apartments, in small blocks, decent size,nice pool, and never busy, although they are all sold.
This is our 3rd year in it, and we have yet to see any sign of life in some of the apartments.

As for renting them out most of the owners seem to be sticking to family and friends.I've got to know quite a few of them, and we arrange a few swaps as well, which is great as it lets you have family out at the same time as you. Works well as a lot of people seem a bit wary of trying Bulgaria.

As for what to charge, last summer we just went for £150 a week.
This summer, I'm not sure, as everybody seems to be staying at home.

The flight prices from Glasgow to Bourgas this year have been pretty expensive, so 1 week trips have been binned.
We went for 2 weeks in June, weather was great, Sunny Beach wasnt quiet, but not as busy as previous years.
St Vlas seems toget busier every year.

Going on a bit now.Hope you all enjoy your time in BUlgaria
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.