Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
hi Chirsty
while you are waiting for replies have a look at our Crete resort reviews :D
I would say Stalis, good beach good food and loads of shops
If you're willing to travel independtly - Frangokastello on the south coast would tick all the boxes - and the kids could have a look around the fort.
many thanks for the reply, can you please give me some more info on Frangokastello? How far is it from the airport? We will happily travel independantly, (have done many a time) Can you suggets any accomodation? I have had a look at resort reports on this site and there doesnt seem to be any reviews of this area, does that meant he main operators dont use it? Could this be the hidden gem i love to find!!

Look forward to hearing from you
Thanks again
No tour operators (the odd intrepid German company might be there!) I haven't stayed for 5 years, but I stayed at the Artemis (I'll have to check my Virtual Tourist page for the contact) - this is set just on the beach, but I don't think that they have family rooms. The new Monachus Monachus apartments with pool might suit, but they're stuck out a ways. I'll check my links tonight to see what family accommodation is available (I think the Melissa and Milos have family sized rooms. The resort is on a plain at the foot of the mountains and on arrival can feel a bit "High Plains Drifter" (this wears off :D . The main beach in front of the castle can get busy, but the beach further east is quiet (and within walking distance). I'll pm you tonight and let you have some more info.
Sorry forgot to give details of distance from the airport - by bus, forget it - Heraklion to Hora Sfakion about 4.5 hours including changeover then a taxi. Taxis can be booked direct from Sfakia Tours for (I think) 115 euros (single) from the airport.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.