Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Given that they drive on the same side of the road as us, would your folks hire a car??

Ignore Paphos if you don't want too English but anywhere else should be good.

Larnaca airport would be a suitable landing place then see what resorts take their fancy from around there. Anywhere coastal will be relatively flat but going inland may introduce some hills or steps. Larnaca is also central so easy enough to get around from there (including a daytrip to the Turkish North Cyprus if they fancy it.

I'm sure they will enjoy it.

Dave.
Protaras and Pernera are flat (athough the odd pavement has quite a big step up), a new coastal pathway is almost complete (just finishing touches) which means you can have a leisurely stroll between the two resorts with seating along the way. There are plenty of restaurants, cafés and bars there some as you say play english tv and do karaoke but others are setup to cater for those who are there for the Country they are in (Nicolas tavern in Protaras usually comes recomended for the local food).
If they want to go sight seeing there is an open top bus ride that will take them to see the local villages and the ghost town of Famagusta which runs around the area (and many other trips can be arranged from local agents).

Steve :cheers
Larnaca for the amenities and central location.
Pissouri for a slower pace and a peaceful break.

Mark
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.