DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
What can I say about the service offered by this company - Money was tight on this holiday and as we were staying 5 days in Cala Mondrago and 5 in Puerto Pollenca the taxi bill would have been in excess of £150! Used resort hoppa from airport to Mondrago - 10 minute wait, dropped off first 45 minutes later - Being cheeky rather than pay the cab fair from Mondrago to Puerto Pollenca - used resort hoppa to get dropped off back at the airport, pickup was 10 minutes early and we were the only passengers on a minibus - quick lift journey down to arrivals and used resort hoppa to take us to Puerto Pollenca - a half hour wait but not any major hassle. Pickup for return was on time and no trouble. All this for £80 quid will definitely use again. Top class service :)
Sean
im pleased to see positive reports about this company,as i am looking for transport in ibiza in october for 7 people,and this company was on my shortlist.i would be interested to hear if anyone else has used this company in ibiza :) thanks mo
Anybody got any reports on Resorthoppa good or bad.
hi Mary
there are quite a few threads on different forums. Put resorthoppa into the search function and you'll get a lot of feedback-not sure which resort you were looking or I would have given you the threads to look at :D
Hi, I used these in Majorca. Outbound was great, the coach set off about 15 minutes after I got to it.
When I phoned them about the time for going back to the airport, it took about 20 minutes of trying before they eventually answered the phone. When they told me the time it was 5 hours before I was due to fly! I was only staying 20 minutes away from the airport. Luckily at Palma there is an outside area with sunloungers in the terminal, so I kept my bikini on and caught a last couple of hours sun from the airport! I got a few funny looks from the staff but it passed the time. :lol:
Kerri
Was your transfers just for you or were you sharing with others?
I have used Resort Hopper on many occations. They are cheap and reliable. Depending on the number of passengers, you may share a mini bus or a coach with others and may drop off at a couple of places on the way, but this reflects in the price. It is excellent value, very reliable and curtious service.
When was the last time you used them?
Used them in January, in May and again in June. It was a coach in Jan, as we were in Benidorm and there were a lot of passengers, in May they sent a mini bus and there was only one drop of before us, and in June it was a taxi, 'cos there were just the two of us. Hope this helps
Cheers for reply there would be sixteen of us so it would be a private transfer,my only concern is that it wouldn't pick us up on return journey.I don't want anything to go wrong as there will be eight kids with us.
Don't worry. When you book with RH, you will be given instruction to call them the day before departure to arrange an exact time to be collected from your accommodation. They are English speaking too, and it's just a local call.
We used Resorthoppa in August , Costa Brava.
We were met at the airport by their rep and guided to our coach. The coach was air conditioned ,clean & comfortable.
The day before the return journey I had to contact their office for a pick up time. The coach arrived exactly at the time specified. Our collection time was not to long before our flight. We arrived at the airport half an hour before check in opened.
I would use them again
used resort hopper for our recent trip to lanzarote,booked through security travel on arrival at arrecife we located the r/hoppa rep who called over a driver and said follow him,after booking private transfer i was expecting a taxi,but no a 50 seater coach all to ourselves.Two days before pick up at our hotel i rang the number i had and they confimed pick up time and gave me a confirmation number.They picked up right on time ,this time with a 28 seater coach just for us two.I must point out this was a wednesday so airport was virtually empty and therefore had transport to spare!!. All in all worked out very well. :)
We arrived at alicante airport and reported to the Resort Hoppa desk. the lady on the desk told us that our return pick up time at the melia hotel had been changed from 7.20 pm to 7.05 pm and to be ready for the pick 20 min before. i asked her if they would confirm the new time when i rang up 24 hrs before. she told me not to ring as she deals with the confirmations and it was prebooked.We were then dropped off at our hotel without and problems.we had a good holiday with hotel and staff excelent. on the day of our return we sat outside the hotel and waited until 7.15pm and no taxi turned up. We tried to ring the resort hoppa help numbers but didnt get an answer. at 7.45pm after numerous phone calls and no answer we gave up and got a local taxi.When we arrived home we contacted Resort Hoppa to ask what had happened. we were told we had to contact the customer services by email only. we did this and were told they would look into the matter and in could take up to 28days. after requesting updates on various occasions we were informed that we would not be getting a refund as the taxi turned up at 7.45 and we had just left. they also sent a copy of a confirmation letter stating our pick up was 7.45pm not 7.05pm as changed by the resort hoppa desk at the airport. We pointed out that we had our original confirmation letter showing 7.20pm. Resort Hoppa have now said they will not refund as we didnt manage to contact the emergency call number. We have now give them a copy of the phone bill showing the calls made . resort hoppa are now not answering and emails or calls. We paid resort hoppa £110.00 for the taxi and it has cost another 72Euro for the local taxi .
( BEWARE THIS COMPANY HAVE A ZERO CUSTOMER SUPPORT SERVICE AND HAVE SHOWN A LACK OF CUSTOMER CARE.THEY WILL MAKE EXCUSE AFTER EXCUSE TO REFUSE A REFUND AND HOPE PEOPLE WILL NOT PERSUE THEM )
We have used these in Fuerteventura and Lanzarote no problem at all.My son used them in Majorca in June.One of his children had to give their seat up as coach was overbooked the driver got lost resulting in hour extra on the coach.The driver on return journey also kept going round in circles resulting longer time spent on the bus.They were staying in Cala'Dor.Maybe ressorthoppa shoulg supply sat nav or buy them some maps!

Maryb
Many of our individual resort forums have their own dedicated Airport Transfers topic, where holidaymakers seek out recommendations and advice for those specific areas. If you haven't already done so, it may be worth posting your feedback in the relevant resort forum topic, for the benefit of future holidaymakers.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.