General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Resorthoppa
5 Posts
Hi Karen.
Just checked out your link.

It appears the site is running problems within the script of the webpage.
Hence the true costs upon that page is not showing correct prices when you proceed.

With regards to booking should you choose to book the company always reserve the right to change or ammend your details.
Some companies will proceed and honour the booking however i did hear a website that had incorrectly priced cameras and they had no legal obligation to sell the cameras at that price.It appears that high street laws have still yet to catch up with the internet.
So basically if you book the company may let the booking go through or come back to you requesting further monies,i personally would plead ignorance if they spotted the error and raised the issue of incorrect prices with you.
Still in the eyes of the law you create a contract when booking,so if they decide to contact you about further costs you can refuse to pay those extra costs and cancel the agreement as the booking agreement that existed has changed.
I do strongly recommend however that you print a page of your booking for reference at the end if you can.
As you may find that this could be important evivdence if they dispute your claim.
If it was me i would give it a go and if they demand extra payment tell them you are not prepared to pay the extra costs and if they cancel the arrangement what should happen is a refund back to your card of 30 Euros.
Do note Karen under their terms and conditions you are governed by Spanish Law how different that is to English only a lawyer would know

Good Luck
Cheers Ken :)
We paid 35 euros for a taxi (for 3 people) from Reus to La Pineda last week. Loads of taxis waiting outside the arrivals door. And asked reception to book a taxi for return and was only 27 euros.
Hope this gives you another option.
Jules :)
Thanks for your replies. I know you can get the taxis outside but we are arriving with Ryanair so I imagine everyone on the plane will be looking for taxis outside as they are not travelling on a package holiday. I don't really want to wait ages so thought it would be better to book one in advance even although it is usually dearer. If anyone has any thoughts on this please reply. Thanks Karen
Hi again,
we were on Ryanair, and in fact there was another plane that landed at the same time as ours, and yes it was a little busy outside, but people formed a queue and the taxis just kept coming! We had the extra trouble of travelling with a wheelchair and managed fine.
Hope this helps
Jules :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.