Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Resorthoppa
32 Posts
I have heard bad stories about this company before and they seem unreliable at the best. I would rather get a taxi at the airport and one back from the hotel. I don't know what you can do seeing the amonuts are so small the credit card company should help.

I know how you feel and the principle after all whats a few euro's. Well you are wiser now and they lost another customer.

Mike
I started the dispute procedure with my credit card company last week and sent an e-mail to Resorthoppa informing them of this. Today I have had a response from Resorthoppa acknowledging their failure to provide a transfer and offering a full refund of all money paid to them i.e. €60. While this leaves me out of pocket, at least they've had the good grace to own up to their mistake.
Hi There, I put a complaint on this forum last year about this company, we were in Alcudia Majorca and i had to phone them to confirm the return pick up to Palma.
They could not find my details and i spent a fortune on phone calls and faxes to arrange a pick up i had paid for.
Thier attitude on the phone was to say the least unfriendly and my holiday was spoiled by the stress that they caused.
I have since recieved an apology from my tour operator but nothing from this shambles of a company. the word Del boy springs to mind. To make matters worse when i did get picked up they were half an hour late and i was just about to book a taxi to make sure we got our flight.
Dont use this company if you are prone to ulcers.
I thought I had read an almost identical complaint! This is the beauty of a forum such as HT. At least you can get some satisfaction in knowing that you will have lost this company some business. Mistakes happen but it is how a company deals with them that is important.
sorry to hear of your problems , i use ressorthoppa every time and never ever had any problems,hopefully these were one offs
Thanks to someone on the Majorca forum informing me of this discussion, I will not be using resort hoppa for our transfers to and from the airport.

would not like to take the chance of missing flights etc and then having to find a shed load of money to get back home.

Sorry Resort Hoppa
One thing i forgot to mention in my report on Resort Hoppa is that from the minute we arrived at Palma i should have realised what they were like.
We had a letter telling us to report to thier office at the airport , which we did and were then directed to wait on some benches , We waited for a considerable time then a driver appeared and said in broken english " follow me" , he then procceded to run through the crowded bus park and barged his way through queues of boarding passengers, i had a job keeping up with him trying to keep him in sight , it must have looked a funny sight as we struggled at speed lugging all our heavy cases . When we eventually got to our transport it was a tatty old transit van minibus. The driver never spoke a word to us during the journey up to Alcudia but would have kept up with michael schumacker had he been on the road with him.
I looked with envy at all the people arriving in coaches and i must admit that from now on ill stick to a proper organised transfer ie with cosmos or similar.
we've just used these for transfers on the costa brava. we had a nice mercedes people carrier to pick us up from the airport and shared with 2 other couples. we had to wait 1/2 an hour for the next flight in to collect them but no big deal. we were at our hotel in 1/2 an hour.

we rang the day before to confirm our pick-up and were delighted when were were taken back to the airport in our own taxi.

i was a bit apprehensive after reading these reports but found the service to be great. i'd definitely use them again as they were a lot cheaper than getting a cab.
Anyone who uses a multi-destination transfer broker must realise that there is always a chance of things going wrong as many people get involved with your transfer arrangements .

You make your booking, providing details and pre pay by credit card....your details are then sent to an agent in the country/area you are going to...that agent then arranges the transfers.....you then have a flight change or hotel change......you e-mail the broker with new details.....

Some multi -destination transfer brokers charge up to 10 euro to change details, details which often are not your fault...these changes have to be sent to the agent to re arrange.

Read the small print on multi destination transfer brokers Terms and Conditions.......it's always in their favor, not yours.

Seach on the internet for local transfer companies who will accept payment on arrival, then if things go wrong you dont have the hassle of trying to get your money back and there is always the airport taxi rank with taxis to get you to your destination.

If you can find a local transfer company licenced by the area tourism authority and members of an organisation simliar to UK ABTA then that means they are reputable and you have someone to complain to if they let you down..........with multi destination transfer brokers you have no one to complain to, apart from letting others know about your experiences on this message board
Hi there Colehole,
I understand what you are saying but we booked our holiday through teletext and the holiday was advertised as including transfers so we had no idea as to who the tour company would use. Another problem was that they seem to use premium phone lines so it costs a fair bit to sort any problems that might arise as it was we had no change to our arrival or departure times just that they lost our details and also had no idea how to treat customers without being abusive. Its put me off from ever booking through teletext again i would sooner pay a little more and deal with a company that knows what they are doing.
I just noticed there is a complaint or 2 about resort hoppa on the menorca forum , it seems they cant operate properly on that island either :shock:
Just to reassure any concerned travellers; people generally only write to these forums if they have had a problem, most people who have had a good service will not think to write to these forums and share their great experiences.

If only a handful of complaints are on here and there are no bad reports in the news papers, then i believe we can asume they are as good as any taxi or transfer company. I am sure if you search this forum with every tour operators' name you will find complaints, as that is the nature of humans; to share our bad experiences!

It is well known that if someone has a good service they will tell on average 5 people, but if they have had a bad service they will tell around 20.

I have used Resort hoppa and find them reliable, but most importantly a lot cheaper than a taxi, Resort hoppa charge 15€ to Alcudia and it is 60€ in a taxi!

A company that transfers thousands of people to their holiday destinations each year will inevitably make mistakes, but as a whole i understand they are a great company, and if you decide not to use any companies that you find bad reports about on the internet, you would never go on holiday and probably never leave the house!
Hi, You make a few good points about people who complain but try telling that to someone who has had a holiday almost ruined by bad administration its no joke wondering if your transport will turn up. I sent in a letter of complaint to my travel company on returning to the uk and gave them ample time to respond before adding my complaint to this forum. The company i booked through apologised and passed my comments on to Resort Hoppa who in turn could not be botherd to write and explain or apologise to me. Another point i would like to add is surely the purpose of this forum is to keep fellow travellers informed as to the good and bad points of holiday destinations and if there are complaints about certain companys then tough on them we pay a lot for our hols and if they cant get it right they desearve bad publicity. In resort hoppas case it was a shoddy service at both ends for us not to mention the expense of phoning and fax calls to them during our hol ( none of which was refunded) Id rather pay more and at least avoid the stress.
Ive booked Resort hoppa for our transfers in Portugal come September. I had second thoughts not long after, when i mistakenly inquired as to reliability AFTER i had booked - what a muppet! And now i have just come accross this lot, that doesnt build my confidence any.
Fortunately since my initial enquries i have taken a couple of contact numbers from RECOMMENDED transfer people in Portugal, who say they will bail me out so to speak, if i come unstuck with Resort Hoppa while we're there. Yes, i will be paying twice - but getting to the airport on time will be worth it. Ill post either way to see how my experience of Resort Hoppa pans out.
we have used them four times they were on time on all of them i cant fault them for benidorm we are using them agian in sept
i was worried too after reading some reviews, but found no problem with them when used for reus - salou in may this year. excellent service and no waiting around at airport, was at apartment within 30 minutes of collecting luggage.
I imagine the problems may start at peak times of the day/year, and thinking back - ive had less than first class experiences of the big travel companies before today!
I am getting very worried about resorthoppa, I have my parents coming out to meet us in s'illiot next week and have booked them in with resorthoppa for the airport transfers, they are both in their 60's and I dont want them stranded at the airport or having to pay again on their return journey, my father gets very stressed. If resorthoppa are good to their word I will let you know. Maybe their price is too good to be true!!!
Used resorthoppa end of May start of June this year from Alicante to Benidorm. Resorthoppa driver was waiting for us at airport and we arrived at hotel without a hitch. Telephoned the day before our return to arrange pick up time and a taxi arrived on time to take us to Alicante airport, no problems.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.