Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Steve
I don't think there is a dedicated forum for restaurant reviews, I guess you could post one in the resort reports, I'm not sure how many people look in the there though. An idea maybe for the new team to think about.
seems a big gap in the market if you ask me ! Most people want to know which hotel, which airline, which tour company and which hotels and bars, best entertainment, best food, cheap drinks, best service, special dietry needs etc... which would mean coming here to find out about hotels/planes/resorts but then going off to another site to find out about bars/restaurants and their ratings... ?
the trouble with what bar and restaurant is best varies from season to season as they tend to change hands so frequently. Forums are far better for this info.
not where I go and surely thats the perfect reason for having a review section for them ?

people could see the review building up over time.....

Restaurant ABC123
2004.. great restaurant, we had kleftiko and it was the best I've ever had...
2006.. was shut when we went in April
2007.. has been opened up again with a new owner but all the old staff, food seems as good as it used to be
2010.. a new chef, and the kleftiko isn't on the menu anymore but I had a bbq'd seabream that was unbelievably good
2010.. found this place expensive but the food was good
2010.. my steak was spot on, but they didn't really do childrens portions, my son will only eat breaded dinosaur shapes and they didn't have any
2010.. called in for a few beers and were pleasantly surprised how well we were treated...

Restaurant BCD321
2010.. just opened near the beach, don't bother the food isn't upto much and service it terrible
2010.. our favourite spot, the kids loved it, will be going back
2010.. we all shared a meze, several bottles of wine and it was a brilliant night, can't recomend it enough..

etc etc...

this works on many other sites...
i tend towards fionas view, but i can see the benefit of what Asksy is asking for.
the problem is that it relies on users posting the relevant information.
now maybe it is just me, but it seems that after the euphoria of us being rescued the post numbers have gone back to what it was before the big scare.
the complaints section used to be one of the most visited forums, but of late there appears to have been very little posted there.
maybe everyone is happy with their holidays and the tour companies have all got their acts together and so it is no longer needed :think
the new boys seem to have the best interests of this site in their minds at the moment, but have been involved with other sites in the past.
is it the intention to just build this site with a view to maximising the potential for resale, or are they in it for the long term. everyone seems to be really appreciative of their efforts, including me, but i cant help but worrying that in a year or two we will be back to square one.
if this site takes off again we will be ripe for a takeover by someone in the industry, but if we do not then the site will close because the financial burden of running a site without an increase in footfall may prove to be a bit of a white elephant.
i hope this site will continue to prosper and hope that the changes in store will make it more popular than ever, but if people dont post then there is only one way we can go.
i don't profess to know the answers, but there must be a happy medium somewhere where the site does not cost money, but does not become too successful that it becomes a target for someone to try and mount a takeover.
my point really is that we must try to promote this place more, to others who we know from other forums, the www or wherever in order to get us back to a level we had in the past and AskCy's view is relevant and merits discussion.
i have posted before about the need to try and find a way to get new members. we are not an exclusive club where people can just come and have a chat with people of like minds, but we are, or should be, the first place that people come to to gather information aobout future holidays or discuss problems with their recent holiday.
lately we seem to have become a club and, whether right or wrong, this may discourage new members who do not feel part of this club.
I thought that we actually had a section at one time where members could posts their recommendations of bars/restaurants etc.

fwh
fwh wrote:
I thought that we actually had a section at one time where members could posts their recommendations of bars/restaurants etc.

fwh

I can't remember there being a section to leave a review of a bars/restaurants.
I think it is down to individual mods/ forums, (although I may be wrong) there's certainly a sticky thread created by David HT mod in the Costa Blanca forum for > BARS, CLUBS, ACTS, RESTAURANTS...recommendations, Q&As.

Sanji
I've been out to two different restaurant/cafés (in the UK) in the last couple of weeks, both reviewed and pictures added, creating content that is bringing people to see and help decide etc.. but not on this website unfortunately...(trip Advisor)... This means more footfall and also means I'm still active on there inbetween holidays (which keeps people coming back and back etc rather than just calling in for a few weeks before a holiday each year)

Still think its a massive bit of the market being missed ....
Hi Steve,

Hope your well,

I do know what your saying, and we havent ruled it out completely. Its just the man hours required to check that all these places that we load are being submitted correctly.

In an idea world it be great if we got all the hotel content up to date, sorted out the media gallery and then could look at this! But its never an idea world :(
We do like hearing all your ideas and suggestions :) Its definately not been ruled out completely though :)
Cheers,
We do have threads on individual forums. But I can see that it would be better if each hotel had its own thread. So a suggestion- perhaps try a couple of subforums on the most popular summer destinations? ( and Goa when the season starts?)
I see what your saying Fiona but I think it would be alot to seive through/manage if it was forum based.

Would be great if we emcompassed it near/on the hotel review pages so that its more relevant and easy to find?
fine thanks... well if you ignore the fact I've had my bike seat nicked !!

It would be great to get it all upto date and other stuff added :-)

speaking of hotel reviews... I did mine (before the transformation) and I'm sure I uploaded photos, but none are showing, or any of the older ones ?
Ah really! Damn thugs!

Yup thats the plan :) We get everything up to date and then look at other functions and features (like this one) we can build in, to make the site better.

Using your email address, I can see that there is on in there for the "Livas Hotel Apartments", waited to be vetted?

The media gallery has been turned off whilst we rebuild it and integrate it within the current site :)
unfortunately yes... so now I have to go and source new seat posts for a 25 year old classic original mountain bike... not same size as modern ones... not hp !

good that the pics are there then.. any ideas how long before the gallery will be up ?
Yeah that doesnt sound like a very nice task!

Yup they should all still be on the media gallery its just been turned off. We are hoping end of summer?

Cheers,
ps has summer started ? :-(

floods all over around here...
Apparently so! Pretty nasty down south as well! :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.