Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Superb reviews of two of the best Corralejo has to offer. I ate in Los Pepes twice during my 2 week stay and it was superb!

I didn't manage to eat in Andaluz, although it seemed similar cuisine to Los Pepes.

I also ate at the tapas bar on the same street as the aforementioned which was excellent.

I may write a review for other places I enjoyed when I get the time.

Well done though!

PS: Moderator - can we make this a sticky thread?
hi to you both..thepeacocksrocks/mooby..what a great idea,.....p.s. miss please start a sticky...............regards.....john-doe
Hi to ThePeacockRocks you are 1st class on advise for anyone travelling to Fuerteventura!Have you any reviews on eating out in Corralejo? :D
That was really helpful peacockrocks, especially as I am over in Correlejo and was wondering where to go. Do you know if Blue Jeans is still a lovely steak house? I was there 3 years ago and it was superb but have no idea if it has changed or not. Pls advise! Thanks.
To Haddy3:

Those reviews are of restaurants in Corralejo.

To allycross:

I ate in Blue Jeans in May and it was disgustingly poor. I had a chat with the fella that runs the Dubliner pub nearly who said he used to recommend the place but doesn't any more. He said they've changed their suppliers and now buy in cheap and nasty Brazilian beef. Avoid.
I'd goto the Argentine steak house on Main St, it has a blue coloured sign - can't recall it's full name. It was superb, but the starters were a bit poo.
Los Caracoles

Sylvia and Carlos have been running excellent restaurants in Correlejo for a long time now. Their latest venture is a tapas bar situated just off the music square in Correlejo. Sylvia is Swiss, speaks at least 4 languages and gives exemplary table service. Carlos is the chef. He goes out each morning to the shops and buys what is fresh and then makes up the menu.
Again a small restaurant, only about 18 covers inside and 10 outside, just the right amount to keep up the quality. When you enter you are not given a menu, everything is on blackboards. The wine blackboard is behind the bar, house wines are around €10 a bottle, my personal favourite is the Antano Rioja which is as smooth as silk and €11.50 a bottle. The food blackboard is all written in Spanish but don't be afraid, Sylvia will come and explain the different dishes to you and help you decide. If you are adventurous take the Tapas Surprise, a bottle of house wine and 6 different tapas for €33. You will get 3 fish and 3 meat tapas, make sure you let them know any allergies or dislikes and they will advise you accordingly.
Delights on the menu can include smoked salmon from Lanzarote;courgette stuffed with hake; mussels with spicy tomato sauce; grilled prawns with ali-oli;snails;green pepper stuffed with minced beef; pork fillet with mustard sauce and apple;chicken with blue cheese; small fillets of steak and risotto with prawns and asparagus. The prices range from €2 for tomato bread to €6.90 for the steak.
Carlos cooks the way he likes to eat, if you don't like your beef and lamb rare, say so when you order.
I always have the goats cheese done with honey and thyme for pudding, with bread to dip in. It's fab, I always burn my mouth but it's worth it. Other puddings include lemon sorbet with cava €4 and creme catalan ice cream €3.50
The absolute best thing for me is that each dish comes out individually, this means you really get to enjoy what you are eating, it's hot and fresh. Also you can order as you go, say order 3 dishes at the start and see how full you are, then order some more. Think a dish is fantastic, order another one! It's great. I always over order in other tapas restaurants because I never think it'll be enough and it's too much. Mind I always over order in here because I want to try everything.
This isn't the cheapest tapas restaurant in Correlejo, but what it is, is unusual. If you want canarian potatoes and spanish omelette you can't have them here, unless they are part of a dish on the menu (possible but not likely)
Again, it's nearly always full. However they don't have a telephone so you need to call in to book. Opening hours Tuesday to Saturday 7pm - 11pm. No credit cards taken!
They are closed currently for holidays until July 2006.

La Mama

Situated behind the Atlantico Centre, next to La Taberna, La Mama is one of Correlejo's best kept open secrets. It looks like nothing special from the outside, the service can be pretty poor at times and the toilets are clean but could do with a refit. It's very often packed downstairs (smoking area), mostly with local Spanish, English and Germans. The reason for this is the food and the price of it.
The wine list is large, the usual suspects are on it San Valentin, Vina Sol and Marques de Caceres. The house wine is €5.41 a bottle! and you can drink it. Actually the white is a bit rough, but the rose and red are fine.
The prices look a bit strange, but you need to add on the tax and then they make sense.
Starters are huge, you could easily order them as a main course. Pizza bread with cheese is €3.71 and can be shared. They also do mushrooms in garlic; argentinian meat pasties €1.80; a vegetable nest with pisto sauce (good main course choice for a veggie) €6.61 and about 6 different salads.
The pizza menu is massive, Margaritas start at €4.51 and you can have almost anything you can think of. You can also take any pizza and make it into a folded Calzone for an extra 90c on top of the price. I've never seen that anywhere else. Pizzas are a good size and they don't skimp on the toppings. The pasta choice is large to, you can have a choice of spaghetti, rigatoni, taglietelle and farfalle with any one of the sauces, which include bolognaise, carbonara, 4 cheese, alfredo (mushrooms) and sofrito (chicken). Prices are between €5 and €7 for the pasta dishes. The best bit is the baked pasta dishes (al Forno). You can have lasagne or canneloni with any of the following; meat sauce, meat and spinach sauce, ham & cheese, chicken, chicken and spinach and 4 cheese. They are really saucy, not dried out like some lasagnes can be, prices between €5 and €6.
The house specials are pretty good too; stuffed baked aubergines €6,61; stuffed courgettes and my particular favourite veal fillets in Marsala wine €9.91. You can also get fillet steaks for around €11 and chicken dishes for €8ish.
Puddings are mainly ice cream based. I must confess I've never had room for a pudding so I can't say what they are like, but prices are reasonable enough and you get a sparkler in it.
When you pay the bill, you get a free shot of honey rum. Last time we went as a foursome we had a cheese pizza bread, a spaghetti carbonara, 2 spinach and meat lasagnes a pizza calzone, a bottle of house wine and 4 coffees and the bill was less than €40. That's why it's always full.
Opening hours Monday to Sunday 12 noon to 12 midnight and they take cards.
PS don't tell too many people or I'll never get a table.
I recently went and the prices have gone up slightly ie cheese pizza bread is now 3.81 for example. Still excellent value for money though.
We've had friends over to stay for 4 days last weekend 17th-21st June and have eaten out for nearly every meal. I was full of it Tuesday morning and what happens, no server so I apologise if this is a bit rusty but I work a little on memory.

Saturday night we went to La Mamas (see above).

Los Caracoles Pozo Negro

For those who hire cars, Pozo Negro is a little village off the main road between Caleta De Fuste and Gran Tarajal. It is well signposted and takes about an hour to get there from Correlejo.
For those who don't hire cars;
1) Bear with me I'll be back in Correlejo soon. 2) Why not you don't know what you are missing?
What's there? Absolutely nowt except this fabulous restaurant right on the beach and some little houses belonging to the nice people who live there.
So why go? The food, plain and simple. I have been 3 times now and it never disappoints me.
We arrived at about 2pm on a Sunday and had to wait for a table. There are 6 tables outside and about 15 inside and the place was heaving. 90% Spanish and the rest German and English (always a good sign) If you like quick efficient service do not come here on a Sunday afternoon under any circumstances. We waited 10 minutes for a table, 10 minutes for a menu, 10 more minutes for a drink and another 30 for our food.
It was worth it. The menu is very plain and simple and cheap. Starters include; Salad for 1 or 2 persons; canarian potatoes; chips?; and bread. Main courses have starters mixed up in them; garlic prawns; grilled mussels; grilled octopus; octopus in vineger; grilled tuna fillet, sole fillet etc.
We had bread and ali-oli for 4, 1 mussels with spicy sauce (comment "the best mussels I have ever eaten, they are so fresh and juicy") with a mixed salad for 1 (huge with shed loads of tuna and avocado); 1 langoustines (6 huge king prawns with the sweetest of flavours and worth the trouble of peeling them) with canarian potaotes; and 2 fresh fish of the day ( 5 medium sized whole fish to share with lemon and canarian pototoes which were fiddly but again well worth it as you could tell they had been swimming earlier that morning). We supped 1 1/2 bottles of Vina Sol, 3 bottles of beer, 1 1/2 litres of water and 4 coffees and the bill came to €68 for the 4 of us. 12 pounds a head!!!
The setting is stunning, watching the waves crash up on the shore about 15 metres away, sitting in the sunshine. I can't begin to describe it and do the place justice. We took 3 hours to eat our meal and it was worth it for the experience.
I urge you to go, (but not on a Sunday if you want it quick) you won't be disappointed.

Sunday Night we were so full that we decided to go out for a late dinner in El Cotillo.

El Toston

This is a lovely little bar and restaurant run by an English couple called Gayle and Alan. It is situated in the old harbour of El Cotillo, next door to La Capitana restaurant. It is in a spectacular place, especially for sunsets as you can sup a pint and watch the sun disappear into the sea. Alan has Guiness and Tropical on draught and a wide range of bottled beers and Strongbow cider.
We often go for breakfast on a Sunday morning as Gayle does a nice one without any grease for €4.50 including tea or coffee. We all trooped there to sit and have a drink and then the plan was to go to La Capitana or The Blue Cow for a meal. But we talked so much that it was 10.30 before we were hungry and all the restaurants in Cotillo were shut.
Back we went to El Toston and Gayle bless her heart gave us menus and offered to cook for us.
The menu is very nice. I tell you what, I used to be one of those people who refused to eat in an English restaurant on holiday because "if i want to eat it I'll stay at home". You don't half change your views when you live here. It's 30+ outside and does the missus want to roast a Sunday joint and make roast spuds? does she heckers like. But I sometimes want to eat it and that's where Gayle comes in. I digress
Menu- Starters range from soup of the day; Prawn cocktail; deep fried mushrooms;potato wedges; onion rings and goats cheese. Mains are around the €7.50 mark and include; homemade chilli; homemade curry; fillet steak with onion rings and mushrooms€8.50; chicken kiev;scampi and shepherds pie. They all come with a choice of chips or jacket potato and peas. Puddings are fab, chocolate sponge;spotted dick;treacle sponge;apple pie; apple and raspberry crumble and custard €3.50.
We had 2 steak and ale pies (lovely crispy puff pastry and rich satisfying gravy), 1 fillet steak (nicely cooked and tasty) and 1 chicken and mushroom pie (loads of meat). We all thorougly enjoyed it. In fact I've never had a bad meal there.
Gayle gets busy at lunch times too as there is a large snack menu and the burgers are 100% beef €3.50. Sunday dinners are normally beef or lamb with all the trimmings and lots of nice veg €8.50. They are sometimes closed on a Monday afternoon, as it can be their time off, if it's quiet. Call on 0034 928538489 to check if they are open. They also have apartments to rent in Cotillo if you need a place to stay.
keep up the good work! I am sure that members will find this thread very useful.
Purple Sage

This is a new restaurant, which has only been open 3-4 weeks. it is run by a partnership, Andreas who is the Maitre'd and the talented chef whose name I don't know. It is situated at the end of the cobbled street in the old town of Correlejo, in what used to be the Clockhouse. It has been completely redecorated in bold colours, oranges and blues and is very stylish. The partners are classically trained and ran a restaurant in London for a few years before relocating to Fuerteventura. The market they are aiming for is the discerning diner who wants a special evening. If you are wanting to propose to your other half on holiday or have a special anniversary to celebrate, this is the restaurant for you.
The menu is small but perfectly formed. The wine list is long and everything on it has been chosen for a reason. There is no Vina Sol here, the range of prices is vast, from €13 to €500 for a magnum of vintage champagne. Needless to say we had 2 bottles of the €13 stuff between the four of us, very nice it was too and we weren't made to feel like poor relations for ordering it.
The menu will be changed regularly due to the availability of seasonal ingredients so I will not go through it, just tell you what we ate.
We were brought homemade herb focaccia bread and free appetisers of orange risotto croquettes with lentils and red onion marmalade. These were lovely and crispy and very different.
We had to start:
1 fennel and orange salad with king prawns. The prawns had been peeled but put back together again for presentation purposes, so came apart without any effort and were delicious. The fennel was crunchy and combined with the orange to make a fresh and clean tasting dish.
1 beef carpaccio. Beautifully tender thin slices of raw fillet steak served with a shaving of parmesan and salad leaves
1 chargrilled vegetables with buffalo mozzarella. Courgette, aubergine, squash, potato and peppers with smoky flavour and milky salty cheese to go with it, very nicely done.
1 scallops with cherry tomatoes and a herb dressing. Came as 2 skewers with approximately 8 scallops which had been cooked to perfection; soft and sweet alternated with cherry tomatoes and rocket. The first time I have eaten scallops in a restaurant and certainly not the last.
Main Courses were:
2 Monkfish with potato puree and lentils. The monkfish was absolutely superb, it had been given a smoky chargrilled flavour but was so tender. It was cooked right through and came away from the centre bone easily, but wasn't overdone on the outside. 10 out of 10.
1 baby octopus and clam risotto. The texture of the risotto was perfect, wet without being sloppy and every mouthful was full of seafood.
1 ricotta cheese and speck tortellini served with a sage butter. Homemade pasta with a rich salty filling drizzled with tasty butter.
The portions look a bit on the small side but don't be deceived, I got 6 big tortellini and I couldn't have eaten any more than that.
The service is faultless, Andreas is so attentive, you don't need to pour yourself a glass of wine all evening and every time you powder your nose your napkin is refolded. It isn't intrusive at all, just impressive.
We finished the wine and decided to have a go at a pudding. The dessert menu is still in it's infancy so we went for the Swiss chocolate biscuit selection to share.
All the biscuits were hand made by the chef and included chocolate horns filled with lemon ricotta cheese, mini coconut macaroons, mini almond cakes and a chocolate log filled with biscuit pieces. It was all drizzled with chocolate sauce and was lovely.
We all finished off with a coffee and a free liqueur and had, had a fantastic time. The bill came to €146, which is expensive for Fuerteventura but not for the quality of food we had. An equivalent meal in England would have been at least twice that, if not more.
I came away immensely satisfied and I hope the restaurant goes from strength to strength. To reserve a table call 0034 928536218.
Please note that this is no longer there, I think it was a bit too posh for the palate.
my mouth is watering just reading those!

does anyone have reviews for caletta? i want a nice restaurant for me and my boyfriend to go to (sans kids) we are AI but i want to treat him to a special night :wink: so not your usual chicken and chips kind of place please.
Antigua Cafe Del Puerto

This is a delightful restaurant and cafe situated in the old town of Correlejo, on Calle Ballena, next door to Los Pepes and opposite El Bodeguita Andaluz. It is run by the husband and wife team of Hanne and Camilo (as all the best restaurants are) and they do their utmost to make you feel welcome.
The food is mainly tapas based, with some pizza and pasta on the menu for those that don't like tapas. There is a large chiller cabinet as you go into the restaurant, which is filled with the most delicious looking dishes. Any member of staff will be more than happy to explain what is in the cabinet, just point to the things you like the look of. Prices are very reasonable.
We went last night, which was a Thursday and were pleasantly surprised to see that they had live music, a duo of saxophonist and guitar player. It was really atmospheric and not intrusive at all. This is a regular event, from 8pm. We had a drink whilst we looked at the menu and asked about the daily specials in the cabinet. If we had not wanted tapas, they had fresh fillet steaks and gallo which is fillets of John Dory and all the trimmings. We wanted tapas as I was hungry, but not starving and I like to have small portions of lots of different things.
Before the food arrived, we were given 2 small baguettes and a dish of ali-oli that would've blown my socks off had I been wearing any. The food came and it was extremely tasty. We had a portion of canarian potatoes (papas arrugadas)with spicy mojo sauce; slices of grilled courgette and aubergine; deep fried peppers from Padron (look like small green chillies and you eat them whole except the stalks); calamari and steak kebab. All the individual flavours came through the dishes, everything was fresh and hot. The calamari was a little rubbery, but it didn't matter because it tasted fantastic and lemony with a side salad. The kebab came cooked medium rare,( so if you like it cooked through, ask first) with chips and salad on the plate and had loads of veg and mushrooms on the skewer. The whole meal was excellent and was finished off with 2 cafe cortados (the little ones in the wee glasses).
The bill came to a very pleasing €34.50 and included a half bottle of Vina Sol and still water. We could have a cheaper meal but the kebab bumped up the price and well worth it, it was too. The restaurant also has seats outside, next to the port so you can sit and watch the world go by with a drink or too. It is open from lunchtime every day except Wednesdays and the number to call for reservations is 0034 928535844.

Since I did this review they have changed there format. They only offer tapas at lunchtimes and have an ala carte menu in the evenings. It is very good food though and the prices are reasonable. For example I had a huge pork chop with aubergine mashed potatoes and it was 9.90. The desserts are to die for too, Hanne has started making cinnamon and chocolate ice cream and we had a huge fruit salad with chocolate sauce for dipping yum yum yum!
Tio Bernabe

Had an interesting experience here on Sunday. We fancied a bit of lunch and decided to go here for a change.
It is a traditional Canarian restaurant on the cobbled street Calle La Iglesia, just down from the music square. It always smells fantastic when you walk past, mainly because they barbeque all the meat over wood. There are 2 chiller cabinets outside next to the menu boards and they display all the fantastic meat in one and the fish in the other. They had a chalkboard outside with the words Puchero Canario written on them, which is traditional Canarian stew. It's 30* here at the minute, just the temperature to fancy a nice steaming plate of stew. (living here does funny things to your brain)
So in we went. I have had this before in the restaurant Santa Maria in Betancuria and it was very nice and I thought I knew what to expect.
We ordered a half litre of house white wine which came in a jug and was pleasant. €4.75 or €8 for a litre. Then we looked at the menu, mainly for review purposes and to see what starters we wanted. The menu is split into sections, breads, cold starters, hot starters, egg and rice dishes, fish & seafood, meat and puddings. Prices are not the cheapest in Correlejo, but the quality and atmosphere is excellent. The place is absolutely packed on Saturday and Sunday lunchtimes with Spanish families, a good advert for the food.
Dishes are usual fare for this part of the world, melon with ham; sizzling garlic prawns;fried goats cheese with fruit sauce; are a small selection of the starters available. We chose Fuerteventura salad at €4.20. The waiter looked a bit puzzled when we ordered the starter, we now know why.
The table started being laid in accordance with what we had ordered and 2 soup plates turned up with the spoons. I thought it was for the stew. Then some lovely warm bread arrived with some ali-oli, then the salad arrived. Tomatoes, onion, tuna and goats cheese on a large plate, it was very refreshing and flavourful. We tucked in and then the waiter arrived with a tureen and started ladling some broth into the soup bowls. It was full of pasta, carrots and chickpeas and was gorgeous. I now knew why we got funny looks when we ordered the salad. They give you the stock that the stew is cooked in, as a soup for starters.
:yikes It was very nice but we were starting to feel a wee bit full.
Then the stew turned up, my goodness me, we just looked at each other and shook our heads. There were whole potatoes, whole carrots, 2 huge pieces of squash, a quarter of a cabbage, a sweetcorn cob, green beans, red peppers, green peppers, onion and huge chunks of beef still on the bone. It was absolutely fantastic but we could have easily managed with one between the two of us.
Other choices on the menu that we could have had were, roast goat; chateaubriand; pork chops; whole fish cooked in a salt crust; fish and seafood casserole and mixed meat grill. The menu is huge, everyone would find something they liked. (except maybe vegetarians)
The waiter asked if we wanted pudding or coffee :omg ,we didn't. The bill came and it was €32.40, which was very reasonable for what we had. We waddled back up the road and went to bed to sleep it off. Moral of the story don't order any starters when you are having Canarian stew.
Mirando Al Sur

This is a delightful restaurant situated in the back streets of Correlejo, in Calle Juan Sebastian Elcano. it calls itself an Argentinian Grill. As you go inside you will see traditional wooden tables and chairs, set with white tablecloths. The walls are decorated with maps of Argentina and knick-knacks from the country, along with a few books on history etc. At the left of the restaurant is the huge paradilla or grill, where the poor chef cooks the meat. I say poor because of the heat, he must lose a stone every night through perspiring.
The menu is standard fare, starters of salads; black pudding; sausages; chicken wings; marinated kidneys and liver. We never bother with a starter, because as well as the obligatory bread, you get a free dish of the stew of the day. Which is always very tasty indeed and would be too much if you had a starter as well.
The main courses are very reasonably priced and there is a large selection of meats to choose from; pork chops; pork fillet;lamb chops;leg of lamb;ribs;escalope;chicken kebab;mixed kebab;fillet steal kebab;fillet steak;sirloin;1/2 chicken;chateaubriand for 2 and a mixed grill. Everything comes with beautiful HOMEMADE chips and the freshest salad.
We had 1 veal escalope and the mixed kebab, which was 1 skewer each of chicken and fillet steak interspersed with lovely pieces of onion and peppers. It was cooked to perfection and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. The house wine is €6 a bottle and we had a perfectly pallatable rose, along with some still water. 2 coffees afterwards and the bill was a mere €28 for a very satisfying and tasty midweek treat.

Sorry folks but this one has gone now.

S
thanks for the reviews, we shall look out for some of these restaurants when we visit on the 19 july......

they all sound divine!!!!!!!!!!
Pancho Villa

This is a Mexican restaurant in Calle General Prim, which is very near the Bristol Playa. You can tell you are there because of the plastic horse and cart outside. We have been there twice now in the last three weeks and both times it was consistently good.
The restaurant is decorated in the traditional style with big wooden furniture and lots of Mexicana on the walls. It is very welcoming and has a non smoking and smoking section.
The drinks list is very reasonable, we had a carafe of house white wine for €8 and it was very palatable indeed. They do have a good selection of bottled beers and soft drinks.
The menu itself is huge. The difference between all the types of dish is not very well explained, so you might need to ask for help from the staff, but they are friendly.
Prices are average. Starters are around the €4-€6 mark, but they are huge. I really wouldn't unless there are loads of you or you eat a lot. We had a portion of chicken and cheese tortillas; it came on a side plate and it was piled high with peppers, tomatoes, onion, tortillas, cheese, sour cream,salsa and masses of chicken. It was €5.90 but it was well worth it, we had it between 4 of us and still struggled with the mains!
We had the same main course between the 2 of us both times, because we enjoyed it so much the first time. It comes with a volcanic hot stone, which you use to cook your own food. We had the mixed plate which was 4 pieces of sirloin steak, 4 pieces of chicken breast, a pile of raw king prawns, peppers, onion, and pineapple. It comes with as many tortillas as you can eat, refried beans, rice, salad, guacamole, salsa, cheese and sour cream. €11.20 each. Some people might object to going to a restaurant and then having to cook your own food, but not me, it was great fun. They bring you a new stone when one cools down. The people we were with had chicken fajitas,€9.50 and a chicken burrito €8.90. They both thoroughly enjoyed them but the portions were huge.
We declined desserts (deep fried ice cream) because we couldn't move, but the coffees were nice. We all got a free shot of tequila with the bill and it came to a very reasonable €49.75.
I like it in here and it gets a lot more positive feedback than the one in the Plaza.
Closed Tuesdays call 0034928535014 for reservations.
Thank you for the time and effort in providing these reviews - it's obviously a tough job for you!!
We look forward to trying them out when we visit later this month.
Keep up the good work. Best restaurant reviews.
Hi, we're in Corralejo now, and have tried 3 of your recommendations -(Bodeguitas is booked for Tuesday). They've all been great and I would endorse the recommendations to anyone - we also tried one or 2 others (not listed) and been very disappointed so it's a case of sticking to the peacock recommendations for the rest of the holiday!!
El Rincon de Perico
This restaurant is in the main cobbled street just behind the music square in the centre of Correlejo.
They do a nice selection of tapas and also a standard menu, with meat, fish & pizzas. The wine list is very reasonable and they have 3 dessert menus!!!

:twisted:
We always go for the tapas in here because they change every day and they do a wide range to choose from. The price is great too. A tapas portion is €3.35 and a half portion is €5,71, if you can imagine the tapas is like a saucer size bowl and the 1/2 ration is like a teaplate. We had a mixed salad €4.25 to start, don't go for this if you are a vegetarian as you get a pile of tuna, or ask for it "sin atun". Then we went on to Canarian potatoes; Spanish omelette; Fish croquettes(4 deep fried cod & potato patties); albondigas(4 meatballs in tomato sauce; calamari en salsa (squid cooked in spicy sauce) and my personal favourite ropa vieja (chickpeas, onions,courgette,peppers,chicken,pork & beef in sauce) We had a 1/2 litre of house rose, 2 coffees a bottle of water and a portion of bread and the bill came to €28.55
The menu is quite large and I think everyone would find something on it they fancied. Other tapas choices include chicken with garlic, mussels in sauce, pork with vegetables, tuna with pepper sauce, fried fish, octopus salad, russian salad, beef stew and that was all the other day when we went! Be advised though that the normal main courses like steaks come with the dreaded rice and chips unless you ask for something different. They do childrens portions. Best of all though if you get peckish at lunch time is the Menu del Dia at €7, a choice of normally salad or homemade soup and then either a meat or a fish dish with chips and vegetables and a drink. It is served between 1 and 4pm and gets busy.
One of the dessert menus is really good, because they do traditional desserts, like creme catalan, baked rice pudding, baked egg custard and bienmesabe which is a creamy dessert with honey and nuts on it.
Give this one a try, it's unassuming and can be easily missed but worth the effort.
Please note that this has also changed hands since i did this review and I haven't had time to try it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.