Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Jompra restaurant near Vale De Parra. We went twice last week. Very similar prices to other restaurants, but very high quality of presentation (posh tables, glasses and cutlery, etc) and the staff were the friendliest of all, especially Sergio, the head waiter (although staff elsewhere were always friendly). Some cracking alternatives to standard fayre on the menu, and our kids were made very welcome and loved their food.
hi everyone, im off to portugal this weekend. staying in holiday village algarve just outside albufeira, its my husbands birthday when we are away and through his friend who visits portugal frequently we are booked into the sizzling stone for a meal to celebrate. has anyone been to the restaurant? taking the kids along aged 10 and 6 and hoping they will find something they like too eat as well. any info anyone has would be very much appreciated.

thanks in advance.
hello sizzling stone is excellent and always busy.Portugal always caters for kids so dont worry.They are the nicest people you can meet.Have a lovely time i wish it was me.Im off to tenerife tomorrow and am now wishing id booked Albufiera instead.I love it there.
berryblue2008 thanks for the info and have a great holiday.
Red Lobster and Vagabonds in Alvor or Cottens at Alt Club
We have just booked a villa for a week in May next year and are already excited about it ( sad i know ). We are a family of 3 ( inc. a 6 year old girl). We intend to eat breakfast in the villa and eat out for the other meals. Why is he telling us all this I hear you ask. Well let me get to my point. It is my first time to the algarve and I would like to know if £560 will cover lunch and dinner for the 7 days where each of us will have 2 courses and 2 drinks. Any advise on this will be massively appreciated. Happy holidays for those yet to go.
Mark
What area is the villa in please Mark?

( Just so we can be more specific about restaurants/prices etc ifor you :) )
It's called the Sesmarias Carvoeiro Country Club ( I thnk - bit vague about what is meant by the name of the villa )
I don't think I know that area Mark, sorry.

Hopefully someone will be along soon who does.
I think its Sesmarias Country Club Carvoeiro, which is just outside of Carvoeiro according to a search on google
Hi Marc, I dont know very much about it, if you do a google search on Sesmarias Country Club you may find some more info, alternatively look on http://www.carvoeiro.com there may be something on there. Hope this helps.
Just a couple of recommendations from my youngest son, his family & friends
Nosa Italia which is situated on The Strip just past the main dual carriageway crossroads. He said they had an excellent meal there, the service was good and so was the price. It is also an excellent ice cream parlour.
The Clay Oven, Indian, situated just past the taxi rank on the main dual carriageway through to Albufeira Old Town. They all said it was the best curry they had eaten in Albufeira or the UK, so much so they ate there 3 times in the 2 weeks they were there.

Although me and his dad have never been in either we will be trying them at the end of October when we get there to see if he's right.
  • Edited by jayjan 2008-11-18 15:12:52
Hi JayJan. It's not actually Sesmarias near Albufeira. It's the other one near to Carvoeiro
Hi Marc thats the one I assumed it was , its just outside Carvoeiro. I wasnt aware that there were 2 places called Sesmarias.
there are many "sesmarais" in the algarve, the rough translation means six mary's the one you mean is between carvoeiro and feragudo.
Excellent restaurant just off the strip, Montechoro Hotel end, on the square near the 60's Bar.
"Os Compadres" set menu meal: STARTERS: Bread & Pate, Soup of the day, MAIN COURSES: choice of 6 meat courses, choice of 2 fish courses, DESSERT: selection of cake or Ice cream, DRINKS: choose from half bottle of red/white table wine/ soft drink/water or small beer. Finish off with coffee. 8 euros per person. They also have a full menu as well. Well recommended.
Hi

We'll be in Vilamoura for 7 days comm 15 Dec, can anyone recommend good restaurants within walking distance of Hotel Vila Gale Ampalius?

Best wishes

Mike
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.