Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
delhi dharbar in panjim is nice, let them know in advance that its a special birthday :cheers
Thanks Jane, don't really want to go down to Panjim, we are staying near St. Anthony's so are centrally placed for Baga or Candolim so want somewhere we can return from fairly quickly and finish our night off at the guest house. Not too bothered about Calangute as don't think the restaurants there are as good as in Baga or Candolim - unless someone knows different :que

Just looking for somewhere that's a bit different/better than the norm.

We all liked the food at Jambalaya but not too sure if the food is consistently good there - maybe someone can advise. Also quite like O'Pescador at Baga and been a few times - was just hoping to try somewhere new for a change.

Thanks for your suggestion though Jane.

Fizz
Sublime in saligao .
Le restaurant in baga (if still open)
Also travelbar on the calngute candolim rd.
Id go to sublime every time though for a special occasion
I have heard Au Reverie is very good! Lovely setting and good food. ;)
Travelbar is nice not too far from there. Not too expensive but nice food.

Last time we were there service was slow but thats Goa.

Papa
Shivers, Candolim, beautiful setting and lovely food :)
rising waves in candolim is great. lovely outdoor setting,food consistently excellent,you wont go wrong.booking advised. pam
Thank you for your suggestions, will make a note of them :tup

Been to Rising Waves before so was looking for somewhere different - somewhere on a par with Rising Waves is good though, we liked it there. :)
The lady we are taking out to celebrate her birthday is Anglo/Goan and lives in Goa so has been to many places either with us or with her other English friends so trying to find somewhere she hasn't been :think - is not an easy task! Her Mum is coming over from Leicester to join the celebrations, looking forward to that as we have spoken before but never met :tup

Au Reverie is just around the corner from where we are staying so would be very handy to stagger home from :D

Sublime sounds interesting, have seen it mentioned a lot on HT - is it multi-cuisine, I can't remember.
Travelbar - don't remember seeing that before and Shivers sounds an interesting option too.
Republic of Noodles and The Lemon Tree - haven't been to either - thanks Spike.

Got a few places to think about now so thank you for your help, I will make a note in my little pink book for when we get there. Just want to surprise her a bit for her special event and not take her to our usual haunts - its a bit "samey" otherwise.

Fizz xx
+1 for au reverie... lovely restaurant, classy setting although its the more expensive of the restaurants i have been to in goa! Get what you pay for though and still loads cheaper than at home!!!
Oriental for either Thai (best in Goa) of good steaks.
samtheboater wrote:
Oriental for either Thai (best in Goa) of good steaks

Can anyone tell me where the the Oriental is now, heard its moved from the Mira Hotel :cheers
Soumyens is definitely excellent but not a lot of atmosphere. Travelbar food was good but I agree that service was a bit slow and the seats (without backs) were really uncomfortable.

I'd go for somewhere you know and explain you want a special night. Nirvana is good and the waiters excellent.
The Oriental is here

Holiday Street Calangute
Hotel Shruti before Little Italy, Calangute 403516, India
009 9822121549

Halfway between Calangute and Candolim
Hi Fizzy,
delighted to hear you are heading back again, sorry wont get to meet you this time. Have a great time.
Have you ever tried Jamies in Baga, food is always excellent and very varied menu. Rising Waves in Candolim is a favourite of ours as is Nirvana at the bottom of Holiday Street. Hope you get sorted. xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.