Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Whilst talking about restaurants perhaps we could include toilets. I am sure there are a lot of horror stories to be told. I have got a few, but to unpleasant to mention here.
Sometimes we have been in lovely restaurants only to get a shock at the state of the loos.
The nicest by far that I have used are Sublime and Fiestas. :D
We visited one very popular restaurant on the main road in Baga earlier this year. Its a lovely atmospheric place, very pretty with lots of lights, plants and trees etc. The "unisex" toilet was manky to say the least. Whilst I was in there a waiter came out of the toilet and didnt wash his hands, not that there was anything to wash his hands with so perhaps they are all the same, unless thet carry wet wipes and hand gel like a lot of tourists do. Somehow I doubt it! :yikes
Best toilets ive ever been in:

After 7 - Calangute
Bono's Beach Shack -Candolim

Both absolutely immaculate and very modern.
Must agree with Gemma,Bono,s is really clean for a beach shack,
but Cato Loco on the main Candolim Road has got to be the best.
Ann :lol:
I received a postcard yesterday from Leo @ After 7 advertising their new restaurant 'Posh' which is now open for Breakfast & lunch from 8am till 3pm. I look forward to trying it in December. :D
le jardin has got to be one of my favourites the steak is absolutely lovely you must try it you will definately not be disappointed no stick please but where can you get the best ENGLISH roast from I haven't tried any yet but by the second week I miss a good old potato
The jungle village in calangute.
Ive heard good reports about the Jungle Village. Must try it this year. Whereabouts in Calangute is it?
If you are coming from Candolim it is on the left just behind Bombay Bazzare near to Royal Goan Foods , You cant really see it from the main road it is a large Portugese style manor house, alan.
The new thread for North Goa is here and South Goa also has its own thread.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.