Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I'm glad you had a good time. Is the dinosaur still outside the Baba?
Hi Kedi, do you mean the dinosaur at the crazy golf at the Baba? It was there when we left but is in the half of the Baba that wasn't open. They hadn't done anything with the crazy golf - my son in law is hoping that it will reopen as, like a big kid, he enjoyed it there!!

Jak xx
Hi Gina,
thanks for the review- it brought back memories of our stay at the baba. Is the Baba bar (by the crazy golf) still open. They used to show the only fools and horses series there lol
I remember that bar Shirley, it wasn't open last year.

I'm gald the dinosaur is still there Jakki, my girls love him and they would be sad if he wasn't there.
yep the dinosaur is still there. The crazy golf is now open but its not part of the baba. It costs 10TL per person.
Wow, my son in law will be delighted at that news.
Yes, that is him! We have to stop every time we walk along the front so the girls can say hello :)
Well, i can confirm that he's alive and well........... :cheers
Well, he was up until 17th July (when i had to come home to the rain!).... :cry
Hi everyone
just returned home this morning from parkim ayaz hotel in gumbet
We had a fabulous time there , this was our 2nd visit and we will hopefully return next year, the only downside was that the entertainment at the hotel was exactly the same as last year apart from the acrobats show, this was really good and we enjoyed it
We spent every night in the cozzy bar last year but seeing as entertainemnt was the same we decided to go to other places , we went to lmt bar which was really nice and the workers there were really freindly, drinks reasonably priced at 3 90 for pint of efes, and sex on the ebach cocktail for 4 90
We also went to cool breeze bar every evening , again the workers there were lovely and made us feel very welcome, drinks there were 4 for efes and 6 for cocktails
We went once to the no name bar and discovered they hadnt actually put any alcohol in our cocktails so we pulled them over it and straight away got the drinks that we had asked for, needless to say we had this 1 drink then left and didnt return there at all
The rate for the euro was 1.90 lira which was a bit down on last year and sterling was 2 30 lira
We did a few trips , an all inclusive boat trip to 5 islands , this wasnt bad but drinks were served in small plastic cups and seeing as we were right on the top deck it made it awkward going up and down to get drinks
T shirts still at reasonable prices, the cheapest ones were 6 for 25 lira is some places, and the better ones we got at 3 for 40 lira
Gumbet didnt seem as busy as it did last year though and lots of shop keepers and bar staff said they thought this season was very quiet compared to others
Our flights both ways were on time which was great as some flights this morning were delayed by a few hours
Happy holidays to all visiting turkey soon !!
sandra
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.