Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
I went to the one in Turkey last year, Sandra and we had a brilliant time. I know there was a lot of bad publicity regarding this on watchdog but apart from one of our friends having the trots for 4 days, we had no problems.
Sandra, yes but not for the prices they are asking. I just don't think it is worth the thousands people seem to have paid.
We went to Portugal holiday village last year and i think that was slightly better in some ways.
Had a call from First Choice management (at 6.00pm) and they have assured me they will give a definite answer tomorrow (Thursday) whether or not we can be accomodated at The Holiday Village in Rhodes.
Assured them there was no chance of going to any of the Atlantica group hotels.
Updat tomorrow.
I am booked to go to HV in mid June, which was booked only 3-4 weeks ago, with no problems of not having exactly what we wanted. It does, however, reading previous posts, seem that First Choice have made bookings @ a reduced rate to get guests in, & then realising that there were people who were prepared to pay top dollar to visit HV, so let the lower priced guests with what can only be described as disappointment! I do feel for these persons & families who are gonna be left disappointed & I hope they get compensated accordingly! I don't know, but I might even get a letter yet? But I would like to know if anyone has been to HV, Rhodes & what they acctually thought about the holiday on all levels?
Zodatj. I you go back a couple of pages anotherguru who is a member has posted his review
Zodatj I think you have hit the nail on the head.
A teacher where I work has now been told that the original room she booked is no longer available but can change her booking to a different room type which she found available herself and was not offered. They have asked her to pay the difference she has refused. They then said they would refund her money in full she has refused.
She wants the other room at the price she has paid and she will not budge on this. There must be some sort of legality to this all, perhaps we have a solicitor on the forum .
I look forward to reading your holiday report on your return.
here must be some sort of legality to this all, perhaps we have a solicitor on the forum

First Choice are doing whats legal, they can either change to a different hotel and you pay the difference if higher they pay if lower or offer a full refund, thats roughly what they have to do.
I have no doubt in my mind that First Choice are acting within the boundries of their legal parameters (just), but surely it is morally wrong & not good for business! Someone @ First Choice must be keeping an eye on all these issues that we are commenting on & thinking that this is not good for business?
No they are not. My friend has been offered a 4T hotel instead of a 5T holiday village.
Straight swop.
I have no doubt in my mind that First Choice are acting within the boundries of their legal parameters (just), but surely it is morally wrong & not good for business! Someone @ First Choice must be keeping an eye on all these issues that we are commenting on & thinking that this is not good for business?

I can hear what you are saying but if for example is is 3000 customers, the majority of those will probably just take it lying down and transfer or get refund, maybe write a letter or two but i think FC will not see this problem as a big one, nor will they think it will harm their business in any way otherwise they would be doing more than they are. Not that i am defending them in any way because its not very good business if for whatever reasons it has been overbooked.
BEfreeTODAY wrote:

I can hear what you are saying but if for example is is 3000 customers, the majority of those will probably just take it lying down and transfer or get refund, maybe write a letter or two but i think FC will not see this problem as a big one, nor will they think it will harm their business in any way otherwise they would be doing more than they are. Not that i am defending them in any way because its not very good business if for whatever reasons it has been overbooked.

Well i am one of them who is prepared to fight it (if necessary) and i can assure you, i would NEVER use FC/Thomsons again. Anne Robinson, Simon Calder, Holiday Which check your inbox...lol
What a shambles to use a comment on Trip Advisor.
Someone had a letter from First Choice 3 days ago cancelling their holiday. Today had a letter confirming their stay at the HV
tpebop wrote:
What a shambles to use a comment on Trip Advisor.
Someone had a letter from First Choice 3 days ago cancelling their holiday. Today had a letter confirming their stay at the HV

Well i'm awaiting a phone call from FC before 6. I hope i have the same result as my holiday was cancelled on Tuesday.

Update. No new info until 2.30 pm tomorrow.

Then it becomes Rhodes or legal advice.
Has had anyone had their holiday at the HV rhodes cancelled for september 2010 :que
And so it begins. Why am I not surprised.

1. It is not exclusive to Brits as some apparently thought.
2. Everything is not completed construction wise.
3. There is no no-smoking area designated in the dining room.
4. You get 3 pool towels per week (or is it per stay?).
4. People are having their booking cancelled/changed at the convenience/whim of First Choice.

I have to wonder why people continue to fall into the same things time after time. Tour Companies are in business to make money for tour companies, not make customers happy. They beat hotels down to the lowest possible number and charge the tourist the highest number possible. The word parasites seems to ring a bell.
frankiec wrote:
BEfreeTODAY wrote:

Well i am one of them who is prepared to fight it (if necessary) and i can assure you, i would NEVER use FC/Thomsons again. Anne Robinson, Simon Calder, Holiday Which check your inbox...lol

Quick update. We have been re-instated at The HV Rhodes. If it's worth fightining for, fight for it.
Well done Frankiec.

Lets hope it was all worth it.

When did you say you were going I think we may be out their together.

I am just hoping that there will be some up dates soon from travellers that have been out there in the last week or so.

Sandra
31st of July, Sandra. Let's hope it is worthwhile after all this.
Hi I had an e mail this morning from someone sitting in receiption @ the HV.
A lot of rooms in the relax area are not finished.Rooms that are in use have problems with flooding bathrooms, doors not opening/ closing & electrical problems. Someone got an shock of a towel rail because the earth wire not connected. There are loose hand rails everywhere. Loads of workmen around & maintenance men are rushed off their feet.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.