Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi All,

If anyone is going to the Rhodes Holiday Village before July 10 I would appreciate your comments. I have booked a family swim up room and a studio apt for my older son and his friend.

I have visited many of the other holiday villages but we are ready for a change.

Many thanks
Sandra
Hi. Anyone else had a letter off First Choice today telling them the holiday village has been overbooked? We've been told we have to go to a hotel in Rhodes instead. Fat chance. Told them if we wanted to book a hotel, would have done so.
One concern, the First Choice customer services told me the holiday village had sold rooms to a European tour operator (non British). I thought it was supposed to be exclusive to First Choice?
Anyone know?
frankiec wrote:
Hi. Anyone else had a letter off First Choice today telling them the holiday village has been overbooked? We've been told we have to go to a hotel in Rhodes instead. Fat chance. Told them if we wanted to book a hotel, would have done so.
One concern, the First Choice customer services told me the holiday village had sold rooms to a European tour operator (non British). I thought it was supposed to be exclusive to First Choice?
Anyone know?

Could be that some areas still not completely finished, when do you go?
Seems to be confusion as i thought it was a British exclusive resort but there are Belgians saying they are booked to go there from 25th May and the descriptions on the Belgian version of first choice website match (Jetair same parent group TUI) , but i was there last week and would have expected to see some sign of other nationals using it, ie dual language signs and menus etc. I know there are some very similar complexes very close by. all the non hotel staff- reps ents etc were British.
Three adults and three children booked to go July 31st. Actually booked it Sept 7th last year!!!!!!!!
im booked 14th july 2 adults 2 children booked september last also royal deluxe accomodation. cant beleive they are allowed to do that? not being nosey have you paid in full ?
No, have to pay balance by June 5th. Only thing is holiday villages are about 2k dearer than when we booked 9 months ago.
check availability on their website and see what cums up if theres another date that would suit you but more expensive i would argue the facts
HI All,

The plot thickens I am going on the 28th July , booked last Sept also have 1 room for 2 adult 2 children swim up room and then 2 16 year olds in a studio.
I have had a letter to say that my balance is due now for this holiday when my original invoice says early June.
I will be calling them today to see what is happening.
I am just hoping that I have not wasted my 6K as this is a great deal of money for a holiday and wanted something special for the family.
I notice on the first holiday report you can only change the towels so many times in your visit. Have always been able to change daily at other villages.
I can't find any info on the times for snacks etc my little ones don't won't to go into eat at lunch.

Hope we all get some answers soon.

Now waiting for that letter to say overbooked as we are going the same time nearly.

Sandra
Hi

Your not the only one with the payment problem I,m booked for the 14th July wanted their full payment in April ? else threatened they were going to cancel my holiday.

As for towels I have always changed daily and hence if I get there I will still do as for the price nearly £6k I wouldnt expect anything less

Does anyone know if there is a laundry room there ?
beanies48 wrote:
HI All,

The plot thickens I am going on the 28th July , booked last Sept

Now waiting for that letter to say overbooked as we are going the same time nearly.

Sandra

Sandra, we booked on the 7th September and they are saying transfers will be made in date order. I'm getting a call from First Choice today before 1pm so will have more idea then.
Hi Frankiec

Thanks for that info. I have called them this morning and they have said the payment needs to be paid in full now even though the invoice says something else. I queried the fact of people having letters re over booking and holidays being changed this he did not agree with ???????????????.

Says he will call me back re the towels issue and find out how the snacks operate. Things appear to be very sketchy.

Looking forward to getting up dates later and will pass on .

Thanks
Sandra
I think the snacks were available most of the day, from about 11am to 5pm, ice creams available at the bars so all day long.
pool towels, as in my earlier post were available for a 10 euro deposit each, which you got back at the end of your stay and you could change them up to 3 times, you had a little card which they ticked everytime you changed.
The reason i think is because they are trying to be more environmentaly conscious (though i think that it is probably more to do with cost!)
beanies48 wrote:
Hi Frankiec

Thanks for that info. I have called them this morning and they have said the payment needs to be paid in full now even though the invoice says something else. I queried the fact of people having letters re over booking and holidays being changed this he did not agree with ???????????????.
Thanks
Sandra

What date did you book in September, Sandra? A friend of mine from St Albans booked on the 8th and has just had her transfer letter to a 4 star in Rhodes.
The brochure states "Exclusive to First Choice in the UK" very different to exclusive to First Choice only, all holiday villages and sensatori resorts are sold by all TUI companies throughout Belgium and Germany. They can be sneaky sometimes by putting what they want you to think is a English exclusive hotel.

You can also find and book the hotel via its owners website Atlantica,
http://www.atlanticahotels.com
First choice didn't tell us the Aegean Blue is owned by the same people who own the holiday village. Quite easy to overbook knowing you have a group of hotels available nearby
the atlantica agean park and blue village are different nearby hotels (i actually think these are on the same grounds! just to confuse things, though i may be wrong). I believe the Holiday vallage is similar in design and built by the same people who built the agean park (or blue village).
Hi

I booked through Thomas Cook and enquired with them this morning concerning being offered an alternative Hotel they advised they are unaware of this and as my holidays a confirmed booking now paid this couldn't possibly happen ????

I also enquired on it being an all uk complex which they did asdvise as it is a ThOMSON accomodation it quite possibly accommodate other than british tourist.
Thomas Cook? did you mean First Choice?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.