Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi Stueycat. We stayed in the Riu Merengue a couple of years back and frequently used the Mambo's facilities both day and evening. YOu'll have no worries. The whole complex is fab. The best beach area is the stretch by your hotel with a beach bar and a couple of souvenir shacks further over. The Mambo's pools are lovely and if you want the pool area a little livelier with a swim-up bar, just venture over to the Bachata (a few mins walk away). Don't forget you can use all the facilities of the Merengue and Bachata free of charge, including their dining rooms (except for evening meals).
We ordered our entry cards before we went on holiday to avoid too much queuing but others fillled them out at the airport. Sorry I can't remember the telephone number we ordered from as it was a friend that organised that.
Not sure about the weather in Sept as we went in August. Apart from a complete downpour (lasted a couple of hours) one day, we had fantastic weather, hot! hot! hot!. We were told the day of the downpour that we'd caught the tail end of hurricane Charlie. It will still be the hurricane season in Sept but I'm sure the weather will be mainly hot!
People have mixed feelings on whether to take dollars of pesos. We took Pesos as we were told that they went further. HOwever we're off to Mexico this year and as the pound's so strong against the dolar at the moment we've decided to take dollars in favour of the Mexican peso.
HOpe this has been some help to you. Have a great time :P
Shirley
RIU Mambo reviews HERE.

Pippy :D
Could you please tell me what the beach is like here as I love snorkeling..
Thanks
Laura xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.