Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Ive never stayed here but surely this cant be right? Its procedure to give them your passport when you arrive and once theyve checked everything and recorded your details it is returned to you.
I dont like the idea of putting things in a big envelope with a staple and this can be opened - no way.
Donna B and Walks have stayed here maybe they can advise you better.
Yummymumy i went there last year the report is correct they do put it all in envelope,i was talking to the lady who had passports taken by owner,i dont think owner thought she was doing any harm that how thing are done there and i dont question there honesty,but its still a worry.
Thanks for the replies, i am a bit worried as it happens :think

We are taking mostly travellers cheques, but will also be taking a couple of hundred in cash, as my OH doesnt really want to rely on me changing the travellers cheques all the time, and we will need cash for the flight home etc.

Im not too sure now, i think we might store our passports and travellers cheques in the 'safe' , and carry the cash with us in my OH's wallet, but then again, this sounds more risky than storing all in the 'safe'.
I did that yummy had secure pocket in my shorts dont use wallets to bulky.
I am actually thinking of storing our cash in our suitcase with it being locked all the time, and our passports and TC in the safe.
But then again, if im storing the cash in our suitcase which will be locked, we might as well store our passports in our suitcase too.
At least i know it will only be my family who can access it, and not anyone else, unless someone breaks into our room and steals the locked suitcase?

Hmm, decisions..
Yummy put it all in safe it will be safe, i dident at the time because bridge work being done at time and was in a bad mood.
YummyMummy

I've put my things in the safe before and had no problems at the riverside (guest house), it would be far safer than leaving it in your cases in the rooms as the cases can be taken away from your room :( .

Donna
XX
I suppose you all do have a valid point , we will be storing everything of value in the safe.

Nicola
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.