Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi Badgerbaz,

There are a few banks on the Strip that probably have these facilities but whether they rent short term and at what cost I know not? It would be a major hassle as well having to walk all the way to the bank to put in and take out and you would be very limited as to their opening times.

Try e mailing a hotel near your apartment eg: Montechoro Hotel at
hotel@grupomontechoro.com

and ask if you can hire one or contact the company or person you are renting from, they may be able to help.

Failing that carry them with you if really worried. I always carry any cash, cards, passport and camera with me anyway (trusty leather bumbag bought in Malta many moons ago ;) . Anything else doesn't bother me if they get it. Never lost a thing or been robbed etc.

Lucky Lummie :tup
hello, i would e-mail the owner or rental company. i have stayed in several private apartments and most of them have a safe.
We were due to stay in a privately rented apartment a few years back and I discovered it didn't have a safety deposit box in there - which I was none too happy about.

I told the owners I was a bit concerned, and so they had one installed before we got there! :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.