Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi - do not know what progress has been made but at Christmas it was dreadful the whole of the seafront dug up soz do know know what the state of these works are now xx
Hi Robby.

Which "dual carriageway" do you mean? The new by-pass or the road from the triangle to the motorway island.

There is a thread on this website re the harbour reconstruction work with pictures, although some have now been removed.

Mark
Many thanks, much appreciated for the replies.
Mark, I have read in some reports that there has been noise from a "dual carriageway" close to the Crystallo apts., not sure which one, sorry.
Is the main work around the harbour area??
Is it all nearly finished, or is it still a mess??

Robby :wink:
Robby, if you look at the website link I posted there are up-to-date pictures of the progress.
http://www.postimage.org/aV1IMMxi.jpg
Clicking will not take you to a bigger image. Use the previous link to see this and other pictures taken yesterday.

Ikarou Street runs parallel to the 'new' by-pass which runs from the Tombs of the Kings Road eastwards, designed to take traffic away from Posseidonos Avenue. I wouldn't have thought noise would be that much of a problem. At their closest they are 150 mtrs apart.

Mark
Thanks again Mark and for the links.
Are the Crystallis apts. east or west of Konstantias, I'm assuming they are west?? Approx how far are they from the Papantoniou supermarket??
The "mess" should be cleared up a bit by mid May, though not a major factor - more interested in getting a better € rate !!!!!!!!!

Sorry, Robby, I have no idea where on Ikarou St the Crystallis Apts are.
They will be a good 500 metre walk (at the very least) to the Papantoniou supermarket on Lidas Street, behind McDonalds.
If Crystallis is at the western end of Ikarou St you will be about the same distance from both Papas and the E & S supermarket on the road up to Pano (Upper or old) Paphos.

Mark
Thanks again Mark, sorry I meant the Crystallo apts, sounds the same (lol).
I think they are behind the new church and probably to the west.
They state Ikarou 2 in their address.

Cheers,

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.