Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
We were in Kato Paphos in May. Depends where you want to be near, do you have a car, do you want to use the car at night...

I have a map of the area and could look up some for you if you want. The apartment we were in was a long walk to the beach and the pubs and restaurants. It was next to the Limonara complex. there is 1 shop within alking distance (about 5 mins walk which sounds nothing until you do it a few times a day in blistering heat) It is the ONLY shop within walking distance although there were a few in the middle of opening just a bit further away. There was one restaurant just up from the shup (Flambins, I think it was called) To go into town at night it was a long way to me - probably took around 20minutes to walk. Far too long for me. There is nothing on the way there except roads and more and more apartments. It's basically a residential area. Beach same place. Don't be kidded by the "How far from" in the ads to book the private apartments. When they say 10 minutes from pubs what they actually mean is 10 minutes from 1 pub and then another 10 mins to the bizz.. We ended up getting a motor bike for during the day to go to the "beach" which wasn't great. I couldn't have faced the walk twice a day! It spolit our holiday being so far out as we like to have some wine with lunch and another glass or two at night. Can't do that if you have to use wheels. Also, the supermarket was too far away to be wheel less.
We've stayed a number of times at the Anemi Apartments - situated close to the top end of Bar Streett but in a quiet location, walking distance from the Harbour and Paphos Fort. Nice and clean, nice pool area and restaurant.

We also liked the Aliathon Apts and have stayed here twice too :-)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.