Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Room at Osbourne
11 Posts
Hi Goanaddict

I can't help with your question but wonder if you could answer one for me - we are hoping to go to Goa in February for 2 weeks and I wondered where the Osbourne was. I have stayed in Candolim 3 times before (Highland Beach, Don Hill and Ave Maria were previous hotels). Is the Osbourne in Calangute or Candolim and if where roughly is it located.

I can't seem to get http://www.johnthemap.co.uk to work to look up where it is.

Thanks

Sian
Hi,

I have just look at the map and it doesnt go far enough down, its near the church thats in the middle of the road, turn left down the side of babutes (bar upstairs) nearly opposite Newtons store.

Hope this helps
hi goanaddict, i am going to the Osbourne at the end of March and would be interested in any replies you receive as i was thinking of emailing them aswell to ask for a specific block once i knew which one to ask for. As far as i know i think block 2 is the best but will keep an eye out for any comments. Maybe pick your brains when you get home ! BBN
hi
we've been to the osborne twice.......its not far from st anthonys chapel down the candolim end of calangute i think ive got a google earth ref that i'll look up for you.
both times we have stayed in phase 1 which is the oldest block at the back of the resort (it has its own little recepption). other folk who have been to the osborne many times seem to prefer phase 2 which is newer. phase 1 does not have aircon which is why we end up in there as i dont like aircon,( i want to be warm in a hot country not cold!!!! ) it just has fans but the rooms are big they are actually apartments with a bedroom, large lounge,bathroom & kitchen ( you have no access to the kitchens they are padlocked) also have 2 balconys. but be aware of room D1X in phase 1, it is on the left as you enter the building and is not nice its teeny,dingy with a bathroom you cant swing a cat in, we were shown this room on our 1st trip & refused it but last time we were there 2 different lots of holiday makers were in there during our stay, i didnt have the heart to tell them i think they had the worst room in the entire place!!
google earth ref: 15degrees32'08,12N
73degrees45'58,64E

if you can find that location if you look to the left up a bit you will see an intersection with a building in the middle, thats st anthonys chapel.
at the osborne you will see 3 buildings with 3 pools quite close together. thesort of kidney shaped pool you can see further down the page is the dona terezhinas,( i think) & a bit further down is the kamat holiday homes/hotel.

google earth you can download for free & lots of fun.
Hi
Just got back from staying at the osbourne phase 2 on tuesday 9th Jan 07 . stayed around the main pool and bar. it was not noisy late on but they do have hotel entertain on in evening if thats your bag ? All rooms are different. just check a few out when you get there ?? its a nice hotel with friendly staff. breakfast is basic. did not fancy eating in hotel anyway. just used hotel as a base. rooms always kept clean every day. nicely positioned for calangute or candolim ? but set back off the main busy road. its right by a lovely white chapel smack bang in the middle of the candolim road(st Anthony chapel) From what I could gather there are a lot of people who return regularly every year. so that speaks for it self.
does anyone know if theres an email address for the Osbourne ?
Hi billy, think this one might help osborne@bom2.vsn.net.in

Alan
Thanks AL . Tried sending an email but every time i had it returned as a failure to send ! Just have to keep looking.
Found a way of emailing the Osbournebut dont have a direct email address to give out. You can contact them by going to http://www.hotelesearch.com
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.