Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
ive had similar thing happen, when i booked a holiday paid deposit then 2 wks later got a letter saying they had made an error on the price and holiday was £1000 more, its disgusting that they get away with so many things, and i think once they have given a price or like us once we had paid dep they shouldnt be allowed to do this, but it seems one rule for the customer and another for the TA,TO etc. i hope im wrong and that someone will say they have to stick to the price quoted but i sadly doubt it
I work in a travel agents and as far as I'm aware they should not be allowed to do this. If they had only quoted you and made the mistake then that would be different, but as you have actually paid it and as far as your concerned booked it then they should honor it. If we made a mistake like that in my branch we have to honor a booking once it has been made.
I would ring them and ask to speak to a superviser and tell them its not on.
my holiday problems were with what was lunn poly for a airtours holiday, and i did contact airtours managers and lunn poly head office by phone and writing but they refused to honour the price and said because i hadnt received the contract from airtours and only them then they were within their rights to cancel it . i hope you get better results than i did, its so wrong when they give you a quote then later ask for more money
Well after we complained and asked them to "justify" this increase they then said "we cant actually book this room for you through our system" this was not because it was not available but they cannot book those rooms themselves.

so why give a quote for it then??? :shrug

They did give us the option to cancel with a full refund but we didnt really want to do that (we go in 5 weeks) .We are just going to see what we get when we get to the hotel and maybe upgrade there if we feel the need to - but the whole experience has left us wary and in future will check EXACTLY what room we are getting when we book - sounds obvious i know but you live and learn :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.