Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Hi Annie - I have gone to this region in October half term for the last four years as this seems to be the driest at this time. Children have grown up now, but the Playaluna looked as if there were quite a lot of children and it is a lovely new 4 star hotel which also does AI. Don't know a lot about the apartments as we find it cheaper having half board in hotels since the prices have risen quite a lot. Usually book either ryanair flight or easyjet which both fly to Almeria, either hire a car, taxi or someone from this forum kindly picked us up last time from the airport. Booked our hotels from travel republic or wintersunshineholidays and always got a good deaL. Last October flights were 70 pounds each and half board 4 star hotel 130 pounds each and the food was lovely. Hope this helps - Trish
You really do describe Mojacar, cheap and relaxing. If you are considering a hotel then B&B is good enough as a meal in the town costs next to nothing, from €3.50 for an English breakfast. (99c in Huercal Overa) A menu of the day in a Spanish restaurant from €8.50 (British €10.00) and if you like Chinese, from €6.00.
You would have trouble cooking it your self for less, John.
Hi Annie

We went to Roquetas a couple of years ago and you have to be very careful where you stay as we went self catering and ended up in an apartment that was stuck on the beach with one beach bar and the only supermarket a 20 min walk!! We were not impressed with the area at aIl , I know a lot of people will disagree with me but we thought it was awful. Since then we have been to Ibiza (San Antonio) and Majorca (Santa Ponsa) and really enjoyed them, people were so friendly and compared with mainland Spain which we have done to death, they were no more expensive. If you do still fancy mainland we have always loved Benalmadena on the Costa del Sol as the bus service is excellent and you can walk to other places along the front and it's only 20 mins taxi from the airport.

Wherever you go have a good time.

Katy
Hi Beachcomber, I have booked a 2 week break in Puorto Marina appartments holiday rentals number 63912 is that far away from your bar? and how can I pin point the app on a map just to see where it is, :que
Hi Top Dog, the Beachcomber Bar/restaurant is about 10 to 15 minutes walk away from your hotel/apartments. Go down the hill and onto the promenade, you will find the bar and restaurant along there. If not sure ask for the Irish Rover, its right next door, best wishes, John.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.