Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi go on to the RCI web site and put your Ship in and this will bring up the different itinerary and the dates etc. I somehow doubt that it will be doing the Greek Islands.prices etc. I also look for better location of rooms as some cancellations do occur. If you are specifically looking for the Greek Islands then look at other ships in the Fleet.
From this web site you can also monitor what is happening with prices. I also watch for better located rooms as often there will be cancellations
I do this and when I see a change I act on it but rather for me it is Celebrity. Have had the advantage of many price drops in the past 30 months or so. 2 on my upcoming NZ/OZ cruise and was able to upgrade to a 2A balcony for just £200. This was from a grade 9 inside room. The same rule applies to Royal Caribbean.
I still check the prices for this and for twin occupancy the prices are unbelievable currently.

Obviously the cruise is not sell due to the flight costs etc and Celebrity are pulling out of the NZ/OZ Market after this winter.

Good luck and just do the homework

Sue
I
Fredolsen are a totaly different experience from the big US ships.

The Black Prince(ex liverpool) being the smaller of the FO ships does have some limitations and is not that new(old in fact) reviews are mixed.

We have done a few short cruises(Black Watch, Breamar) and liked them but they were much more laid back very British.
Smaller ships with a very friendly atmosphere. We have them on the list for the short breaks and any itineraries that look very good, not so sure for a longer holiday trip with lots of sea days.

They have a very loyal set of passengers that like the offering.

Again I would suggest trying a shorter trip to try it out. if you don't mide a one way bus/train ride the 2-3 day relocs come up very good value late bookings sometimes.

this is a link for the FO deals sorted on price,

http://www.fredolsencruises.com/plan-cruise/by-price/orderby/lowest_price/ASC#availableCruises
The Independence does a Western Med (Italy included) all summer apart from some 4 day jaunts to Ireland, then From Sept she does Canary Island cruises before heading back to Ft Lauderdale for winter Caribbean cruises. Freedom and Liberty do alternating E/W Caribbean all year.
For Greek Island cruises you would need to look at Splendour or Legend of the Seas. All the others either start from Rome or include it in their itinerary. Most of the cruises that leave from Med Ports are shorter- 7 days or so. Indy is the only 14 day one I believe. If you need 14 days then just stay onboard the day they go into Livorno??
Thanks so much for advice. :)

Don't think Fred Olson are for us.

We will hang on until nearer the time for Independance or Brilliance of the seas as they have itinerys more suited to us, and look fab.

Any deals you guys see can you PM me please.

Happy cruising :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.