Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Thanks for your help and links rwb46.

I haven't had a look this year but DIY has always worked out far costlier for us unfortuantely. This is because there are 6 of us and we would have to pay for 6 flights. With a package, I book early and secure 2 rooms with 2 free kids places. Hence only 4 flights, including supplements are being paid for and it works out much cheaper.
pamplemousse - how did you find the Royal Wings? Only 12 more sleeps for us now till we're there!!

I have actually booked the Royal Dragon with Direct Holidays for 4th July 2010 - I called and booked it on Friday 27th June and I have since heard that it's been pulled - I will be really disappointed if they cancel it and haven't bothered to call me yet as I booked early to make sure we got a free child place.

I am going to give them a call as this is starting to worry me a little now!!

Anyway still got this years to look forward too - can't wait to hear you thoughts on the Royal Wings?

G
Hi Zoso

Don't worry, Direct Hols have just called me back and it's being re-priced so probably going up, sob.

I've popped in a bit of info on the Royal Wings thread, so if you pop over there I'll answer any questions you have, there's also some thoughts on the hotel here http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=135785

Basically though we thoroughly enjoyed it, it's extremely well run and the food's great.

Did you realise the Royal Dragon is the sister hotel of the RW?

See you over on the other thread!!
Ah thanks - glad you're online as I was on hold!!

Here's hopeing that everything works out as we had picked the Royal Dragon as our hotel for 2010 about 3 months ago and where just waiting on Direct Hols releasing them!!

Yeah we knew that the Royal Dragon is the sister hotel and we wanted to go there as it also allows us to travel to a different part of Turkey next year - all be it less than an hour away!!

Just about to have a look at your posts - thanks again!!

G
HI, I had the Direct hols brochure yesterday and the Royal Dragon is in it.
Yes it is in it but is nolonger available to book at present, apparently it is being re-priced and may be available in the next couple of weeks.
I was told in working days 3 to 4 days by direct last thursday, its only temp stop on it.

The hotel is not being re-priced, they got charged more by the hotel than what they were contracted to pay, they are sorting it with the hotel but the wait is annoying, I was just about to book when it went off sale. I can see it being line with the royal wings price but a £100 to £150 lower.
A couple of us were lucky and booked before they took it off sale on friday! It seems really expensive but is in the first Choice Turkey brochure and featured new for 2010 with them! We booked a Junior Suite with DH for next august. FC is much more expensive for the 3 of us and that was just for the economy rooms!
Fingers crossed it will be back on sale soon!
yes FC is very expensive.

It will be interesting when it comes back on then as I was told this afternoon that it was being re-priced at a higher level by the adviser who called me back.
Thomas cook has just put on its web site 10% off guaranteed ends midnight, plus free child places, and no flight supplements. On checking the prices of the royal dragon they are the same from this morning, still charging a flight supplement.
Just had an email from DH saying that our flight times have changed for next year - result!!
we were flying out of Glasgow @ 22:30 - its now 18:30 and coming back from Antalya it was 06:30 it's now 02:30!!

I am delighted however we fly out to Antalya on Sunday and when I first read the letter I thought they had changed for this years holiday - ah well better flight times next year!!

G
The flights for next year are much more sociable than they have been in the past. Enjoy your time at the RW. Let me know what you think as I have just booked it for next October (2010).
That's much better zoso. I'm still waiting for a call back from Direct Hols to say they're selling it again.
Chris - I will be putting a reveiw on this site and others when I get back and like pamplemousse I will be more than happy to answer any questions when I return!!

I really can't wait now - I'm totally in holiday mode and should be working right now!!

G
pamplemousse - I have just had a look on the mytravel website and they have the Royal Dragon available going on the same TC flight that I am on with DH. Its about £500 more expensive than what I have paid with DH however it is still much cheaper than TC, FC or Thomsons!!

Might be worth keeping an eye on if DH don't come back with anything - I'm just hoping they also have it back on soon as i'm scared that if they can't agree a price we might have to change hotel and I really want to go to the RD next year and would hate to miss out after getting a good deal.
  • Edited by zoso 2009-07-10 10:29:25
zoso

I just checked on airtours site and it brings up the royal dragon saying this holidays is sold by thomas cook, its basically the same search engine as thomas cooks, it shows holidays sold by direct holidays as well, the only airtours holiday what came up was the alba resort.
Royal Dragon is back on with Direct Holidays, just slightly more than I paid. I can't select a suite online, but the price for a family room appears about £200 more than what I paid.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.