Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
The old rumour mill tells me that Diamonds has closed and is up for sale.

A lot of bars are really struggling this year, including Ruby Tuesday's itself, which although the new owners gave it a complete refit, is only doing a fraction of what it did last year.

Living the dream! :cry
Ruby Tuesdays being one of the nearest bars to the hotel we will being staying at when we go to Palmanova in a few weeks time, after what Adam has put is it still open?
Dave.
Yes it's definitely still open, didn't want to give the impression it's likely to close or anything, just that we're all finding it tough this year with the pound being so weak.

Not sure what entertainment they have on, since they recently dropped the Hypnotist Show (which packs our bar out twice a week).

I'm sure you'll enjoy it there.
Hello all, just come back from a nice week in Palma Nova, weather was good for the time of year only had a half an hours rain one day. Went in Ruby Tuesdays bar for half a shandy had a look at two very good entertainers, one did Robbie Williams and he was on his last show and he is now in Spain for the winter season and the other one was a bloke named Vincent I think, he did a show called Heavenly Soul and one of the best singers I have seen on the pub scene.
Have to say not very impressed with the new owners of this bar, had signs all over the place telling the patrons what not to do like a old time holiday camp, and the big bloke behind the bar did not seem very friendly so I can see why they are perhaps not doing so well. Perhaps the thing I didn't like the most was the Karaoke on there web site they say they have 50,000 songs and they may well have this many, but the T V at the back of you, you have to face away from the people and look at Flash Gorden ( not a pretty site) and what got my goat all the more was when he was on as a D J he had his mic say at 70Db and when a singer was on he had the mic at 50Db so it made the singers sound poor including me.
So to some up I will not bother with this bar again even if I am in Palma Nova again next year, unless it has a new owner not the same place as last year.
Dave.
Hi,i`ve got to say we were in palma nova in july and visited ruby`s the first night we were there after reading some decent reports on this site,and i have to say i found it to be not very welcoming at all with expensive drinks and second rate food that tasted like it had come straight out of the freezer!!! And your right what you say about the big guy behind the bar i tried to strike up a conversation with him and it seemed to be to much trouble for him,needless to say that was the first and last time we went in there and when you think there were 15 of us they lost thereselves a load of money which we were only too pleased to spend in katies beach bar,i would be amazed if they are still there next summer and if they are they won`t be getting my hard earned money,tony
Does anyone know if rubys have a website yet if so what is the link
thanks in advance
liz
Sad to see because we saw this bar slowly build up trade and now to lose it
Hello nicobelle, the one I have seen it on is not there real site but a site that give a lot of info on the hole of Mallorca, if you go on it you just have to put what bar and area and it then comes up with the bars that pay to use the site.

http://www.a2zmallorca.com

Dave.
Here is there email address if it helps.

rubytuesdaysweb@hotmail.com this was from the web site mentioned before.
just returned from santa ponsa we have being going cala bona 8 yrs so we tried some were different in reply to dave i have been doing karaoke 15 yrs i went in ruby tuesdays and had good night jackie and jimmy took over this year they made us very welcome as for gordon he is very good at his job i would give him a job if you think you are that good you then you should be on the stage remember karaoke is about fun we will be going back in may next year
  • Edited by kyte 2008-12-28 21:29:45
i was in palma nova in may this year i travelled alone with two young children , as i was stating in the hotel over the road it was ideal to go to ruby tuesadys. My daughters loved it the entertainment was great and the staff and new owners could nt do enough to make us feel welcome, my daughter aged 7 i begging to go back next year, as there are games etc to keep them busy whilst i relaxed. I realise that some of you were disappointed that there were new owners but i think your being unfair and you should give them a chance personally i think they are great and i thoroughly enjoyed my time there and i will return.
We've been going to Majorca since 1995 and visiting Ruby Tuesdays regularly. We knew Martin and Paul who previously owned Rubys. We were over 3 times this year, first time being in April. At this stage we met the new owners of Rubys - Jackie and Jimmy, who are helped by Jackies parents Bridie and Mike. Times change and we take people and situations as we find them, we'll try anything once!! We still call round to see Martin and Paul for a drink but anyone who has apprehensions about the new owners, needn't have. They made us extremely welcome and a firm friendship was formed. The bingo is still on each night followed by a professional act. Yes prices were up, but they were up everywhere and the pound is weak - this will effect any holdiay maker in a destination where the euro is the currency! We returned in May and our first stop was Rubys, where they were awaiting our arrival like a welcoming committee - it was lovely. Our final trip of this year was in August and our hotel was further away than normal. Although we had been round to see everyone, they knew I wasn't well so Jackie and Bridie came to visit us at the hotel. Can you get more genuine than that?

Yes Martin and Paul were good fun and they still are, so why don't folk call in to see them where they're working now? Things don't stay the same forever - change is healthy - they say that change is as good as a rest - hey presto - you're on holiday for a rest and you're getting a change - so you've got both!!!!!

Rubys will be open again in April so why not call in to say hi. They have just finished their first season and having a well deserved rest. During the day you can relax with a drink, food if you wish, enjoy the view and have a chat with 'The gang' or in the evening have a few drinks and enjoy the fun.

We'll be in Majorca next year and you can bet your bottom dollar we'll be in Rubys!!!!!

Laurie & Joe
HI I was in Palma Nova in June for a 2 week holiday. I go there every year and always go to Ruby's. The very first thing I noticed about my return this year was that the awful smell of the sewers outside was gone :) , that's when I went inside and noticed the change and the new management! They made us feel very welcome right from day one of our holiday. All the bar staff were very friendly and helpful and we were always kept happy. The best entertainment nights have definitely got to be the Elvis tribute and the Rod Stewart tribute. They were both fantastic.

Jackie and Jimmy have only completed their first year in Ruby's and they have put an awful lot of hard work into the place so to be fair they have done very well. All the critics should just give them a chance! It's not easy to go over to Spain and take over a bar! I will definitely be back next year and back in Ruby's! The drink is cheap enough and the food is great value for money! I would recommend it to anyone.
I hav'nt been to Palma Nova now for quite a few years. But i seem to remember a bar on the beachfront down the steps at the side of Ruby Tuesdays, and just underneath it. They used to do Karaoke in there, and the chap that ran it looked like a cross between Rick Wakeman and John Peel!! :yikes I wonder if anyone knows what this Bar was/is called and the name of this chap, and if he's still around there or not?

Many Thanks -Taggy
Bar El Mosquito or the beach bar

if its El Mosquito this has changed hands a few times what ui mean is that the peoepl who were managing left to do other thigns in Mallorca as the owners wanted a bash at running it

both good bars anyway but i prefered El Mosquito when Sue and her family were managing the place the Spanish Omeltte was to die for
I took my mum to rubys in may this year, and met the new owners, both lovelly and a familiar face too was geordie..
We were made to feel very welcome and had a great night.
No it did not have the same feel as when martin keelie paul brenda and tracy had it but times do change and your left with just fab memories of what was.
Now memories are mixed up of what is, as new faces bring new things and new times ahead.

we went to see paul and keelie at there other bar they were running, diamonds, where in fact my mum and i spent most days.
I know sadly diamonds shut and have not been able to get hold of keelie on msn.
Where is paul and martin working? during this conversation someone mentioned popping to see them?
I had heard that paul and martin were running a bar/club?
thanks
There used to be a Stocky Bloke called John i think, had a deep voice, who used to own Rubys Tuesdays, but i'm probably going back about 10 years...dont know what happened to him and his missus?

Best Regards - Taggy
We have been to Palma Nova twice now and used Ruby Tuesdays both times.I canonly say that Jackie,Jimmy,Bridie,Mike and all of the staff are one of the friendlest bunch of people that I/we have ever met .As for the sreen during the karaoke,well you wouldn,t like to have your back turned to FLASH would you? Must say that if we get on holiday next year Ruby,s will be on our list again,just to have an other good time and rekindle old friendships.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.