UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
When we stayed at the cottage we found the Tesco in Helston was sufficient for all our shopping...

HELSTON
CLODGEY LANE

HELSTON
CORNWALL
TR13 8PJ

Map here if you type in Helston...

http://www.tesco.com/storelocator/

When we stayed at Weststar we chose the Half Board option :D
I knew I'd think of another place we visited :D

Dairyland

This was also a great day out for the kids.

You can watch the cows being milked, there are pony rides for children, the assault course was great fun!

Pets corner with rabbits and other animals.

There's a shop selling cheese, clotted cream etc....

http://www.dairylandfarmworld.com/
Thanks for that lot pippy. You've been busy. Will browse it all but I think it's going to take a while!!
You wanted websites....you got websites! :D

When I can help someone on HT, I do so to the best of my ability :D
Thanks for all those websites. As to.......

"When I can help someone on HT, I do so to the best of my ability"

.......you sure do!
It's been a pleasure :wink:

I'd honestly forgotten all about both those holidays, too many foreign holidays since those days I guess!

It's been really nice looking at all those websites!

One more thing, if you do go down that way and drive past Culdrose, look up in the trees, there always used to be Buzzards nesting in them :D
And there's more!

Lizard Point is Britain's most Southerly point, we went there on a beautiful sunny day, be careful near the edge of the cliffs.

There are some pics (not mine!) here....

click here
Still in Cornwall, there`s a fabulous beach at Perranporth, plus a few shops and cafes, also a good base for touring the county
Thanks to everyone for the ideas. We have decided to go to an old favourite again this year - Swanage. All in all, it was decided on the fact that it is easier to navigate by car and we can book a place very near the beach.

Here's to a good holiday!

MM
Pippy, if I didn't have the hols booked for this year, think you would have sold me one in Cornwall.
Are you on comission ....... lol only joking might give us ideas for next year, unfortunately can not afford a holiday abroad every year.
Thank you for your very informative threads. :D
Thought about Abersoch on the Lleyn peninsula in North Wales? Fantastic beaches around there and most of them easily accessible. Lots to see and do in the area and it does get surprisingly good weather!
started reading through this post thinking dorset, dorset, dorset and i can't believe you've booked swanage!! you just can't go wrong here. have a super holiday. medot.xx
Welshoney :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, I did get a bit carried away didn't I?! :D

As it was quite a few years ago we went, I kept remembering more and more places we'd visited!

I can thoroughly recommend the area, a good mix of tourist attractions, and deserted countryside :D
Hi

Think I'd better put the promotion in for the north east of England! You wouldn't be disappointed in Northumbria's beaches and there are the most beautiful castles to visit.

Visit Northumberland!!!

Kirren :lol:
I had to chuckle reading through, but Pippy you are so right. We've been to cornwall loads of times,and have stayed just outside newquay. But the beach etc at Perranporth is lovely especially as you can park at the top of the beach. The "watering hole" also does great food at cheap prices, great for lunch, and there is a fab pasty shop just up from the beach opposite the chemist...lol

We've just got hold of a Sun holiday to newquay staying on a site we paid over £400 for a week but got it for the sun holiday offer so off to Cornwall again. We went to the Dominican Republic back in February and I have to say, it was such a disaster in many ways Im looking forward to this week immensely.

There are so many places to visit even if the weather isnt too good, and some great beaches. And there are of course theme park type places such as Flambards and Crealey if thats wot families want. We visited Goonhilly last time, which was ok for a dreary afternoon, but there's so much to do.

This time, going in July am hoping for hot sunny weather to spend it on the beach at Perranporth. I think Cornwall is a fab place for a family holiday in the UK, and well...fab pasties too

We've also had some nice holidays in Devon which is also easy accessible, Woolacombe is really nice, and there are things to do similar to dairyland etc etc We visited there when the foot and mouth was taking hold and it was such a shame to see places so badly effected....

all in all, we are so lucky to have so many beautiful and lovely places to visit in our own country

Karen x
Just read all the posts here and couldn't help post my own favourite beaches with self catering nearby which we return to :

North Wales - Dinas Dinelle one of the longest beaches I know lots of pebbles when the tide is in but when it goes out what seems like miles of sand - the place has changed since they built the sea wall but still a favourite with all the family. Popular with anglers at night when the tide is in.

Cumbria - just returned from a hol and have to rave about St Bees beach a grand place to visit/stay again lots of flat sand, rock pools, a hill to walk up etc and near the lake district for excursions. RSPB site on the hill.

Scotland - well it has to be Big Sands near Gairloch fantastic place with dunes and then huge beach you can walk into the village and back. In the winter once we saw seals in the nearby dock too.

Not forgetting Brean Beach in Somerset (near Weston Super Mare) where you drive onto the beach and park - there is a busy fun fair end or a quieter end, another great place - with little showers for washing off the sand as you return to the car/pub/caravan brilliant.

I can't remember the names of the Irish beaches we visited but they were fantastic too - we were lucky to visit in a heat wave and toured the coast for 3 weeks - glorious.

I am not going to mention all the little secret beaches we go to because I don't want to advertise those - sorry folks just the big fun beaches that are good for all seasons.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.