Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Yes its the right aiport :)
This is the one that all the package companies use. We have booked for july from Birmingham.
Take care with this - low cost airlines DO use Barcelona airport. I am going to Salou in a couple of weeks and flying to Barcelona with Globespan, not Reus. Distance to resort is considerably more from Barcelona. Oh, and it's a package with Globespan, so not strictly true to say that all package companies use Reus.
You shoild be Ok Just checked the Ryanair site and they do say Barcelona Reus (REU)

REU is the abbreviation for Reus airport :tup

Just think they are trying to tap into the market for visitors to Barcelona - not mentioning it probably at least about an hour away by car :think
thanks all just dont want to fly to barcelona lol i want costa daurada salou thanks.how dare they confuse us lol :tup
cheers scoop for checking website for me thats nice of ya hopefully i will get it right best take extra euros in case hubby would go mad lol :tup
RyanAir fly into Reus airport - which is the nearest airport for Salou etc. Taxis from airport into town cost around 35-40 Euros but there are good deals with a coach run by Plana, the local bus company. Reus is also the same airport that the package tour operators TUI, Thomas Cook etc use.

EasyJet fly into Barcelona itself (from memory).

RyanAir do have a habit of being a bit economical with their descriptions of airports. Wasn't there a story a year or so ago when RyanAir advertised an airport near a city but actually landed in a different country (and the city was 70km away!).

But then we're no better - Standsted isn't really near London is it? (Nor Gatwick mind you) :D
That could well have been their Bratislava (VIENNA) route.

Bratislava - Slovakia
Vienna - Austria

You've gotta love em :) :offtop
I've seen some wrong answers. Reus airport is really close to salou... about 5 miles. despite do not get gir (girona) airport which is arround 150 miles far from salou...
What wrong answers? Don't see anything wrong with the responses given here - perhaps you could clarify?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.