Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks again Glynis , but what l really would like to know is if you candour the boarding passes or as it comes l have a travel doing mine will the boarding passes be next to each other as they are done at the same time .. Or could one be in row 7 and the other boarding pass in row 28 :que ... Hope not :duh
As I say Ray there'll be no guarantee you'll be seated together, chances are that you will but they wouldn't guarantee it. Only way to ensure is if you prebook your seats.
Got back from Gran Canaria a couple of days ago after a relaxing and very sunny holiday. It panned out that none of our hand luggage had to go in the hold on either the outbound or the inbound flights as neither flight was full which was good.

Overall, paying up-front and being able to choose our seats for the return flight was probably worth the £20 to us as it guaranteed a window seat (neither I or my wife particularly like aisle seats) and seats next to each other as well as saving the hassle of having to find somewhere to check-in online for the return flight and print the boarding passes during the holiday. Probably because the flights were not full, no one was allocated the aisle seat next to us on either flight so we had a row of three to ourselves both ways though I noticed there was a small amount of seat swapping going on once the plane was in the air.
I'm off to Fuerteventura next Sunday & we too have booked our seats to save the hassle as one of our party needs to sit next to her husband due to medical problems.

Glad everything went smoothly Robbo :tup
I haven't flown with Ryanair for over a year now but have just been pricing up flights to Denmark. I had heard rumours that things had improved regarding unavoidable 'extras', but it does seem that apart from the inevitable 2% credit or debit charge, providing you don't want to add hold luggage or book seats, the price shown is the price you pay, with no extra for booking in or printing off your boarding card. I've had a look at their T&Cs and FAQs but can't see any mention of extra charges. Am I missing something? If not, it's a definite step in the right direction.
Aslemma wrote:
I haven't flown with Ryanair for over a year now but have just been pricing up flights to Denmark. I had heard rumours that things had improved regarding unavoidable 'extras', but it does seem that apart from the inevitable 2% credit or debit charge, providing you don't want to add hold luggage or book seats, the price shown is the price you pay, with no extra for booking in or printing off your boarding card. I've had a look at their T&Cs and FAQs but can't see any mention of extra charges. Am I missing something? If not, it's a definite step in the right direction.

It's been compulsory in the UK to show an 'all in' price for a while now. They've never charged for printing boarding passes online.
andy66 wrote:
If you are not away for more than 7 days , or have easy access to a printer .

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/may/19/ryanair-hidden-charges-booking-online-check-in

Check in opens at midnight on the day of the flight, so some people will be able to check in online for their inbound flight before leaving home. Ryanair sent emails out telling people that had already booked about the change of check in deadlnes. They're launching a new mobile boarding pass shortly, so it won't be an issue then.
Unless you are not very techy and don't have a modern phone and would never dream of using an internet cafe
In July , if that's any help Aslemma , unless you are an average Ryanair traveller who spends 2.75 days between travel .
Sorry Andy. but what's in July? It is actually then that I'm thinking of going to Denmark, which I've done several times in the past but not for over a year now, which is why I wasn't sure of the latest state of play. I looked back through the forum and the links previously given didn't help. I've never had any problems with Ryanair, though like everyone found it annoying to have to pay extra for things which were unavoidable, like checking in, even though this was done on line. I use Ryanair for its convenience as much as the cost, as it goes from Stansted, which is my nearest airport, to Billund which is near where my friends live.
Sorry Aslemma , the mobile boarding pass is being launched in July !!! Shrimper popped in a post seconds before me :D
If you are thinking of travelling in July I think it would be advisable to not rely solely on being able to use a mobile boarding pass but the process you use now . ( or cut out the barcode and stick it on your phone :D ) !!!
No actual date had been released yet as far as I know , and perhaps it will be a rollout from then ???

The reason for my first post was to be helpful in that you stated you had not used Ryanair in the last year and in that time it has improved some niggling aspects but that you be fully aware of the online check in procedure if you plan to have a break of over 7 days regards printing your boarding cards .
As long as you have the means to checkin online and print your card , you will have no problems , it's just that the period before checkin has changed and you might not be aware of the change .

Hope this helps .
It was indeed very helpful Andy thank you. As for using a mobile boarding pass, I think hell will freeze over before I do that! :roll: I am unlikely to be in Denmark for more than 7 days, and I will have my tablet and access to my friend's printer if I need it so I don't foresee any problems.
Just returned from a weeks holiday flying with Ryanair. On both flights everyone was cold. There was a big draft waffling round our feet. I ended up getting my towel out of my hand luggage to cover my feet.
Just returned from a weeks holiday flying with Ryanair. On both flights everyone was cold. There was a big draft waffling round our feet
Did somebody leave the door open? :rofl

I see Ryanair are getting rid of that annoying and extremely irritating bugle on time sound :tup they have stated it will be replaced by something else though :duh
I see Ryanair are getting rid of that annoying and extremely irritating bugle on time sound :tup they have stated it will be replaced by something else though :duh

That's a relief, as long as they don't replace it with the bagpipes. :roll:
Is that the bag pipes you will have to put money in to get your cabin bag back that they put in the hold free :really
Kiltman HT Mod wrote:
Just returned from a weeks holiday flying with Ryanair. On both flights everyone was cold. There was a big draft waffling round our feet
Did somebody leave the door open? :rofl

They played the bugle when we landed 40mins early in Fuerteventura, not so on arrival at East Midlands but maybe we were a tad late :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.