Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
sa coma query
22 Posts
Sa Coma is lovely for families not as lively as Alcudia, beach is as nice.Being honest Bouganvilla is a little walk away from the centre, but most people walk down then taxi back on a evening. There is plenty of choice of restaurants , my favourite is Antic in S'illott (just 10 minutes walk along the prom)I have been to Sa Coma many times and like it. CBG
Monarch, worry not about Sa Coma, I have been many times and the place is lovely, great beach, restaurants and bars. As CBG states, the Bouganvilla is at the back of the resort, stayed there 4 times and always walked there and back in the day and at night. Its a well lit straight road and takes about 20 minutes if memory serves me correctly. One thing about the Bougie is there is no air conditioning and in July it will be very hot. A lot of people buy a fan from Caprabo rather than renting one and you will need it. Go with an open mind however with 2 kids you should not go wrong in Sa Coma.
Going to Sa Coma in three weeks time. Were there last year and is a lovely resort. Is close to Cala Millor and Cala Bona which you can walk to. All depends what you are used to, is more laid back than Alcudia. Can't wait. :sun2
Im off to the Bouganvilla next Sunday booked as a last min deal, quite looking forward to it even though some of the reviews i have read about the apts and the resort can be a little off putting.
I am off to Bouganvilla on the 25th October. I am now worried that the weather is going to be awful all week, any been that time of year?
Yes I have been many times October kids holiday week. Weather can be mixed go prepared at least its better than being at home! CBG
I am off to Bouganvilla on the 25th October. I am now worried that the weather is going to be awful all week, any been that time of year?

Last year the last week of October weather in the Balearics was pretty awful but 2 years before that when I was there the last 10 days of October weather was excellent. This time of year is always a bit of a lottery weather-wise but I've been 4 times now in October and apart from last year had mostly good weather overall. When the sun shines it's still really warm during the day and the beaches and resorts are relatively quiet which is why we like it.
I won't go to majorca after the 2nd week of september, the weather is hit and miss and I won't go until the last week of june. Anybody wanting to go away in october I say go east to crete, cyprus or turkey, temps still in mid 80's. Very nice 5* A/I hotels around side and lara beach turkey at a good price in octorber.

The bouganvilla is way out of the way in sa coma, too far away from the beach and resort centre for me. You see them all packed into the train what brings them down to beach, they get off outside porkies and burger king. There are so many nice apartments in the heart of sa coma just a 2 min to 5 min walk from the beach, never understand why people book the bouganvilla unless its a late deal. No air c on as will, thats a no no in the summer months, especially if your apartment gets the sun all day.

I have been to sa coma a few times and haven't found one decent restaurant, seem to be english pub type bars everywhere, nice resort and I like it alot, restaurants depends on your taste. The oasis restaurant is ok but the portions are small and I have had a couple tuff steaks in there, the last time I ate in the oasis and the last time ever is when the euro came in, they changed the price of the beer from 400pts to 4 euro's double the price, and I believe they did the same on the menu which made it expensive with tiny portions. They serve most meals with a jacket spud, know the size of new spuds well thats the size of the jacket spud, they should give 2 or 3.

My last visit to majorca was to c'an picafort, the other end of the bay to alcudia and loved it there, stayed the hotel gran vista, lovely hotel, lovely grounds and great food and only mins from the beach. I liked it more than sa coma and the reort had some good restaurants at reasonable prices.
If anyone does want Spanish/Mallorcan food try Bodega or El Sol. Sa Coma is definitely short on decent restaurants because most of them serve mainly 'pub grub'. After saying that, I love Sa Coma and the surrounding area. S'Illot, Cala Millor and Cala Bona are definitely worth a visit even though I assume most people don't bother which is a shame cos there are some nice bars and great restaurants.
i was in sa coma last august with my two lads 12 and 9 staying at the iris apartments.
my two had a great time and were not bored at all. the beach is lovley and the resort has a fair selection of bars/restaraunts/shops .
think our fav was jj.s
Bouganvilla,rough and ready,worst holiday ever,like walking into a Butlins holiday camp in Spain.Sa Coma,not much there,and no good restaurants.
Sa Coma not on your list of places to visit again, Crispy? :rofl On either side of Sa Coma there are other resorts, Cala Bona, Cala Millor, S'illot (and all within walking distance) which are worth a visit for decent restaurants/bars etc. I have been to Sa Coma a few times and although it is very British I enjoy it because you are not stuck in one place because of the close proximity to the resorts mentioned above. The beach is lovely but I suppose some people would think the resort is not busy enough. Personally, I prefer Sa Coma to Alcudia (which I thought was hideous). What's your favourite resort on Majorca, Crispy?
i agree with the last post we love sa coma sillot and have booked for cala bona for may never been their though, i found that sa coma as some lovely restraunts and i do prefer it to alcudia, we stayed at the bouganvilla a couple of years back didnt think it was that bad lovely pool .
Me and my friend are going to Majorca for a few days in June and we are thinking of going back to
Sa Coma. We have looked at the Sa Coma Playa Apartments. Has anyone stayed there? Any comments appreciated :D .
My favourite place is Cal a dor,been twice and would go back again.
Hi Crispy. I fancy trying Cala D'or. Me and a friend (maybe 3 of us) are having 4 days in Majorca minus the kids and partners :sun2 . Do you think it would be OK for us?
I have to agree with Crispy about the Bouganvilla. I too found it rough and ready, like walking into a Butlins holiday camp in Spain. And I also agree with him/her about Sa Coma as I found there's not much there, and no good restaurants.

Cala D'or, now that's a much nicer place, I liked it there.
Is Cala D'or ok for 3 women. Looking for a few lively bars and some decent restaurants.
We didnt try the bars,more into nice restaurants for the evening,and there a lot of them.beaches are lovely,some nice coves.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.