Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
:P hi, we went to saadia 2 years ago and loved it! it is not an extremely large hotel like the nextdoor sahara beach but is has everything you need for a great beach hol. the food is fantastic, much better than the sahara beach hotel( we stayed here last year)! You must book the tunisian theme night(you have to pay but its worth it) Thats wonderful!! belly dancers/great food and music!!
If you get a little restless at night you can venture into the neighbouring hotels and buy a drink!
Try to go into Sousse to the medina and haggle until you drop.
All in all we would go back again to the saadia, in fact we are going back to tunisia this summer but we are going to try Hammemett this time! If you need to know anything else just let me know....
jmiller
Thanks for the info. this will be only our second holiday abroad in 5 years and chose this due to price and availability rather than anything else. Really looking forward to it and it sounds great!

Thanks again
:) :P thats fine, hope you have a lovely holiday!
hi we are staying at saadia hotel from 3rd july for 10 days nice to know someone else going as nothing mentioned on here about it.
Hi sarahnade

Yeh, it doesn't seem like the hotel is particularly popular on here, although the reviews that are on this site are, on the whole, positive. We are flying out on the 26th June we'll still be there when you arrive. Hope you have a great time - we certainly intend to!!
I think most people manage to have a fantastic time in Tunisia if they go with an open mind and don't expect it to be like the Spanish Costas. :lol: The weather should be lovely, the beaches are beautiful, people friendly and transport is cheap (including taxis). Go and enjoy :wave
hello all, :D I stayed in the Saddia hotel late may! I loved it! :wink:
They are all so friendly, good laugh and very chilled!! Don't forget ya suntan oil as was very hot then so no doubt even hotter now! 8)
Rooms are very basic but clean. Food was good too! I also loved the hotel grounds as was very beautiful. God i miss palm trees and camels...........can't wait to go back!

Have a fab time all :D :D :D
hi, we have just returned from 7 days in the saadia. I would like to say that although the rooms are very basic they are realy clean. The pool is fantastic for kids and the waiter srevice around the pool all day and night is superb (we are guessing this is not for all inclusives) The drinks are about the same price as here but stick to the bottled beer as it better. The food is not great at all in the hotel but get a pizza at dinner from the pizzeria £2.00ish they are good.The staff in the hotel are great especialy Mehir , he was very kind and when my friends daughter was ill he was amazing, he came into the next village with us and translated her symptons to the phamasist.What a star. be very careful with the food while there as many people had bad tummies (take your imodium).If taking kids take some food bits with you as none of the hotels cater for kids we found.
All in all the weather was great, hotel very accomodating and people very friendly (not the germans or polish tho! beware fore them at meal times they can be very rude we found) Our children were safe and dont worry about using taxis we found them cheap and very good although the driving is scary.
If i can give anyone any info on this hotel or advise drop me a line.
can any one tell me if thompson holidays have stopped sending there customers to this hotel.i have booked to go there in sept but cant find it on there site, also all the reviews i have found recently sqay its an all inclusive hotel and i booked half board
hi there i hope so i have booked to go to this hotel my slef in the beginning of july. if you look on the thompson website under the brochure-skytours you should fine it
no its not there they dont go to skanes at all
it is classed as being in monastir on the thomson site, it may depend where you are flying from i am flying from teesside on the 5th july.

http://www.thomsonbeach.co.uk/th/beach/initiateAvailabilitySearch.do

this link should take you to a page listng holidays to that hotel with thomson
would it be possible to go for an evening out into pek or souse maybe for a meal or to watch the fountains as we have been told there is no night life in this resort and would like to out a few nights for a change, would it be a bus or taxi or is it to far just for an evening
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.