Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Just wondering if anyone used the spa facilites at this hotel - if so what is on offer and how much?
Thanks
Thank for that post - I am really after info specifically on the spa facilities - the reviews of the hotel were what decided us to stay there but as my husband will be diving every day I am hoping to spend alot of time in the spa and just wondering what they can offer - whether its just massage or whether they do other beauty treatments , if so what they are and prices approx,
thanks for any further info....
Hi, am visiting this website today as have just booked a week in the Thalassa Village Skanes and this has been the only reference I have found on the net about it. I booked through First Choice using their December edition of Summer Sun May 2006 - October 2006. The hotel is on page 329 if this is any help and I would be glad of any further information you may find. Many thanks.
Laura Lou. I think i found it. It looks like the hotel has changed names from Club Skanes Gardens. Go into Google and type that. Pics are the same. Hopefully we have finally found it.
Hi im off with my family of 5 to Thalassa village skanes in october, the only thing is i can't find any review on this place can anyone help i have never been abroad before and would like some views on people that have stayed here, in the choice brochere it states this place is new for 2006 and it has just been built , is this true
hi we travel from luton june 18 to thalassa village does anyone have info on the complex
is there anywhere to watch football.
what will the weather belike in june please let us know..
please help somebody must have visited thalassa village this year it has changed name please i would like info on safe towels food please help someone i cant find anyone thats been here this year..
has anybody been here please help cant find no info on this complex do they supplky towels whats food like any info would be greatly apprciated thanks.
hi sunnyfactor can you post your holiday review when you get back please as im going to the same place in october , i would like to know how you got on thanks fr jenny
hello anyone returned from thalassa village last couple of weeks if yes we would love to hear your comments thankyou..

do they have safe

do they supply beach towels

thankyou we travel 18 june from luton
Hi Chelsea
yes they do supply towels and they do have a safe but you do have to pay a small charge , it tells you in the first choice brochure hope this helps a little, i am also going in october, i phoned up the tourist info in tunisia as there is no info on the web site about thalassa village skanes, they too have no info as it's a very new place so they were no help either
Has anybody been there yet? How is the food like? and what about the beach/sea??
Hi in reply to a message left on the hotel review page for the Thalassa hotel at Skanes by Raflo , i thought it best to add a reply on this thread as there seems to be a certain amount of confusion . Re .

It is nor really my hotel review because I haven't been to Tunisia yet. And I am writing to all of you to find a piece of information. About whoch hotel you have written on this site. About Thalassa Monastir Hotel, or Thalassa Village Skanes?? It is very importanmt for me because I am going to Thalaassa Village in June and I Don't know if your reveiws are about my hotel. Please write me the answer.

We stayed at the Thalassa hotel ( sometimes referred to as Hotel Club Thalassa , but never as Thalassa village or gardens) at Skanes in April. we booked through Thomson Platinum and i believe that this hotel can only be booked in this country through Thomson. The hotel is 4* and is located nearly opposite Monastir airport hence sometimes being called Thalassa at Monastir. It is not brand new and has been called the Thalassa for a few years . it has 4 floors and direct beach access. We have posted a full review of this excellent hotel on the hotel reviews pages where from my reading of them all the other reviewers seem to be talking about the same hotel as we stayed at.
I hope this clears up some confusion. i can only suggest that if this doesn't seem to be the hotel that you have booked at then you talk to your travel agent for more details re location and then maybe someone who has been there or even nearby might be able to help you .
if i can be of any further help , please don't hesitate to post back.
I'm sure you will all have a great time in Tunisia . we did.
hi heather and richard your hotel is not the same as we have booked ours with first choice it's a 3 + *** and they are ground floor apartments i think it is strange we can't find this hotel on the english web site but this place is on the tunisa web site and its in there language which dosent help, it is new and we just have to wait for someone to get back from there and wait for the review
i forgot to put it is called Thallasa Village Skanes
hi, has anyone returned from this hotel yet, would love some feedback on it, wheather it be good or bad thankyou..
I am not sure about it changing names, but i know that the thalassa club hotel, with 4 floors which people keep giving the link to, is definately NOT the same hotel as the Thalassa Village! This hotel is new for summer 2006, so will only just have opened - hence the lack of reviews. I was told this when i booked from the summersun catalogue with going places. However, i am going in 5 weeks, on the 2nd of July for a week, so i promise to write a review on this forum for those who are going later in the year - hopefully this will be of some help! Jess x
JKMOSS
i know for definate this is not a new complex it was called club garden skanes but has now changed name, and been modernised. first choice have this now although its advertised with other countries, if you go to yahoo and type in thalassa village skanes it will show you thay it has changed name. first choice seen to advertise it here in uk, and its advertised on the web by other countries. im going 18th june i will post info on this complex when i return.
hopfully someone will update us before then.
Hi,
To anyone asking about 'Thalassa Village' Resort in Skanes. We're a young couple who have just got back from our honeymoon there. We went for 2 weeks all inclusive through First Choice. The Thalassa Village complex has over 400 villa like rooms which are airconditioned and very cleanly kept, with a small patio area with garden chairs outside each one. Most rooms are on a ground floor level. I cannot fault the hotel in itself, there is a good selection of food for all tastes, which is a help yourself buffet and you can eat as much as you like. There are also free activities to do in the daytime. There are a lack of daytime bar snacks, these are not always provided daily and as plentifully as the brochure would have you believe- this isn't a problem if you are up for breakfast and are there for the rest of the days meals. (There is also an small shop on the complex that sells crisps ad chocolate. A lifesaver!) One other discrepancy from the brochure is that there are no cashpoints at all on the complex, the nearest one is a 5 minute taxi ride away to the Monastir airport. The big down side of the holiday is the evening entertainment which is provided by the reps. (Although this isn't really the hotels' fault)There is about an hour of kids club then afterwards we kept waiting for something to start but it never did. Everyone just sat in the large entertainment hall drinking and watching eachother out of sheer boredom because they didn't know where to look! There was some very poor miming to ABBA songs, a small amount of Tunisian music, a belly dancer that couldn't belly dance but one good beer bottle balancing act - generally it was young reps improvising. They seem to really enjoy themselves while everyone watches being totally bored, other people we spoke to said the same. There is no audience participation or anything to get involved with in the evening entertainment, such as dancing or karaoke, as only the reps and kids sing and dance and there is no dance floor. There is some old style Spanish type music played near the outside bar by various bands which the old couples liked dancing to but we weren't in that age group. Lastly all we'd say is if you are a real sun worshipper who is ONLY looking for long lazy days on the beach and good food then this is probably right for you!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.