Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
@chelsearthebest:
There aren't any beach towels provided, but the maids put small bath and hand towels in your bathroom. We don't know how much the safe costs because we didn't use it, we heard that you give a deposit for the safe which you get a ticket for, and then at the end of your holiday when you return the ticket to them you get your deposit back. We don't know anything about using travellers cheques because we just took sterling and changed it up at the resorts' reception. We were chuffed to find out that they don't charge any commission! The day time snacks are pancakes which are cooked while you wait, donuts, pastries/croissants but you have to rush to get them as soon as you see them come out otherwise they all go! There is also sugared popcorn which they serve from a machine. There is a man that cooks sausages on a barbecue which he serves in rolls. These aren't served at any strict time, but usually after 3:30pm and they weren't always provided daily. The all inclusive drinks are mainly lager, red, rose, and white wine. There are also the bars own Tunisian spirits (which we didn't try), Martini,and coke, sprite and fanta. Dave's a lager drinker and thought the lager out there tasted like Stella Artois but it didn't seem to have as much alcohol content. I tried all of the wines which are quite dry but not unpleasant tasting- but no matter how much we both drank- we just couldn't get pissed, we just ended up feeling very drowsy!!!!
daveclaire
thankyou for the info its much appreciated, snacks sound ok its only the kids that will want and im sure they will be first in line. glad you said about towels as brocure says beach towels provided so i was not going to take any, but i will now..again thanks for the info just got to wait till the 18 june then were off cant wait..
debbie
hi daneclaire if it's ok can you tell me what the beach is like and the pools in the complex also do you have to pay to take your bottled water to your room and is there ice cream/ice lollys for the children, are the sprit drinks included in the AI, i think thats all many thanks
Hi all im going here last week in July so if there are no reports in by then i'll post a review asap
Thankyou that will be great, have a good holiday
hi all
were of to thalassa village tomorrow, i will post on our return next sunday, if they have internet there i will post while im there,
i will say bye for now and check here next sunday evening i will promise a review on this complex..
Hi im off to this hotel next month,so will post review when i get back.
I think it was meant to have been pretty dire here before been re-vamped for this summer,it looks nice in the First Choice brochure anyway!
We are a youngish couple who returned from this hotel on Sunday - today is the first time I have felt well enough to post a review to help all of you who like me can't find any info at all on this place! The following is about "Thalassa Village" through First Choice which is all on ground floor & is not to be mixed up with the other Thalassa Hotels.

There are good & bad points to this place I will start with the positive:

The rooms are small but cleaned every day to a good standard.
Clean towels are provided daily.
A 1.5 lt bottle of water is left in you room every day F.O.C.
Pools & beach area are exceptionally clean.

And now for the negative:

The restaurant staff are mostly next door to useless if you are British.
Flies are a huge problem at mealtimes.
No chance of getting an afternoon snack unless you wait for half an hour.

Helpful Info.:

Safe, Beach Towels & TV Remote are all available for 20 dinars deposit EACH (roughly £8).

The air conditioning has to be switched on manually by someone visiting your room but if you want to control it you need a remote which is another 20 dinars.

All of these deposits are refundable on your departure.

We have both been very poorly since our day of departure & we're both sure that it is down to the flies on the food. The first week wasn't too hot & it wasn't a problem but the second week the temp reached 46 & the flies came by the thousand.

There are a lot of French, Germans & Italians so prepare to be in the minority & to recieve very little help from restaurant/bar staff.

It is very much a family hotel with children everywhere.

We would NOT stay here again.

Please bear in mind we all have very different ideas of what we want from our holidays so some may totally disagree.

Any questions please ask.
we arrived back on sunday, i agree english are minority but i found staff to be ok, i also found the food good as did my husnand and our kids none of us got ill.
entertainment team were fantastic with the kids day and night, as for flires yes there were thousands but your in part of africa with temp 45c it cant be helped, staff were trying to deal with this, as for air con you dont need to ask to have switched on, you collect a remote from reception, there is a refundable deposit, overall we had a great time and would return....
the down side was the germans as they can be very igrant but i gave as good as i got and would not let them push in ...any one going enjoy im sure you will......i went to coral sea egypt last year but i fely there was more here than there and food i found really good,,remember your not in the uk..
any questions just ask
we cameback from thallassavillage 25th june and can honestly say we enjoyed the whole 2 weeks. yes there is thousands of flies but you expect that in that heat but we found that if you ate about 8 at night there wasnt any. there was always something happening so plenty to do.We found staff very friendly they loved the english probably cuz there isnt many of us there. Rooms are cleaned every day plus clean sheets & towels daily. Weather is very hot beach is just 1 minute away & clean. You get a few sellers on beach but if you dont want them make it clear and they do leave you alone. i recommened this holiday & would go again
Any one going here tomorow??? I am.. :lol:
Me too!
see ya by the pool!
Just back.....WOW!!!!!!!!! What a place........will post review soon
We had the most wonderfull holiday here no one wanted to leave..

On arrival you need to fill in a form for each induvidual in your party(first choice only gave us one form) Rep did not stay with us so you had to muddle through the language barrier to get your room.

Rooms basic but cleaned daily, as for air con you can turn it on and off your self and set the temp aswell( no need for remote)(unless other rooms are different to ours)..T.v has several chanels but you can change them manualy,but to be honest it was only on when i was checking the news.

Beach and Pool..we went to the beech for the first few days(i never had any problems with the heat here as there was a breeze) water was realy warm,the beach staff rake the sea weed from the beech to keep it clean,beach staff constantley move on any beach sellers,so no problems there...I put our towels down at about 8 and always found plenty of sunloungers at this time...but they soon dissapeared..Ithink you needed to get towels at poolside down earlier..but we allways found some where to sit...

Food was absolutley brilliant plenty of choice every day( oh! cakes are to die for) Staff here were so pleasant and warm (i have friends for life here) look out for Adel (waiter)and Chochree(head waiter).As for flies yes there are a few but by no means the thousands on other posts(if i was having a meal out doors i would expect flies) Ice creams and pancakes made daily at about 4 ish

Entertainment was supperb, if you didnt want to join in it was ok, they had something going on almost all the time...staff were very friendly..

Every member of staff here that i met were so warm to wards everyone.

When you buy from the shop here haggle..as you can get everything he sells in Monastir cheeper! he will rip you off if you just buy at marked prices,allways ask whats his price is and half it or even less..they are suppreme hagglers..he even asked if i had any wiskey as payment...was asked a few times in Monastir if i had any aswell,was offered anything in one shop for a bottle...(i might take some next time)

I had no problems with any other nationality here no jumping cues or rudeness.Everyone i spoke to here couldnt understand the past reviews,especialy Mell and Mick..

Overall this was a great holliday and im going back in October..Im sure there will be more posts like this so if you are going here have a wonderfull time and tip well as they are poorly paid....

hi kiltedwarrior thanks for that great review i wondered what type of holiday we were going to have after reading the other reviews but after reading yours i just cant wait, we are all going in october to so might see you there, hope the weater is hot then to
can i just ask what type of food was to eat for breaky, dinner and tea and snakes , thanks fr jen
Well breakfast there was cereal,yougart,fresh bread,cheese,cold meat,scrambled eggs,ratouille,fresh fruit,pain au chocholate,croissants,coffie,pancakes,omlette,fruit juices,herbal/fruit tea,sausages,couscous and loads more!!!!!(if you want a cup of british tea you need to take some tea bags)

Lunch,good selection of hot and cold dishes,fresh salads and fruit and CAKES AND MORE CAKES(i caked overdosed lol) Chips,pizza...and loads more...

Dinner same as above plus freshly cooked tunisian dishes but to be honest there is so much choice and they have theme days so it can change from day to day,but dont worry theres plenty of choice....

Snacks or(snakes) Beach barbeque has pasta, fish, pizza, chips, fruit and salad pluss a bar.They serve ice cream near the main bar at about 3 and pankcakes,doughnuts,teas and coffee...and theres the shop for the odd late snack...oh just remembered theres the a la carte restaurant that you have to book at reception,book early as its hard to get a table later in the week..i hope to get back 8 th Oct.....Enjoy....
I've requested the name change for this hotel on the reviews so there wont be anymore missunderstanding between hotels,there should be a few more reviews this week from happy holliday makers... 8)
thanks for that can't wait especially for the cakes lol lol, where going the 8th october to
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.