Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
I have put an enquiry on the Nomarmiteintunisia forum which is for expats over there, to see if they have any news. I will let you know if there is an update. Jenny x
jennyfrank wrote:
I have put an enquiry on the Nomarmiteintunisia forum which is for expats over there, to see if they have any news. I will let you know if there is an update. Jenny x

Many thanks Jenny, I appreciate that. The whole thing was witnessed by my 11 year old and he has been worrying about it since it happened and I promised him I would try and get news.
regards
eee
Hi eee, just to let you know that there has been no response to your query so far. Cannot say that I am too surprised, as news such as this is often kept quiet by the powers that be in Tunisia. I understand that the recent - and thankfully very rare case of the tourist, allegedly murdered by her boyfriend, was not mentioned in the local press. Will let you know if I do hear anything. All best - Jenny x
its an awful coincidence but a local father and daughter to us have been killed in turkey whilst on a jeep safari. their vehicle collided with a tractor. i don't think they were wearing seatbelts and there was a waterpistol fight going on between jeeps according to reports. :que Its all very sad and it takes the shine off ones hols
Sorry to hear the news Seahunt. I think we all realise that the Health & Safety in Tunisia is not as strict as it is here. Even so we still take the risks and sometimes, as we have seen, we take the consequences too. With regards to seatbelts in the 4 x 4, we were not forced or even advised to wear them but all of us in our vehicle used ours from the start from force of habit. I think if the poor people we saw had done the same the outcome could have been very different.

regards
eee
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.