Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
To be quite honest with you parking in Benalmadena in August is a nightmare. The inland Spanish come down for their holidays that month and it is the busiest time of the year. The local police are very keen and will tow away as soon as they see illegal parking.
I have a friend who lives near there and does not move her car in July and August as she knows when she comes back there will be nowhere to park.
Sorry to be the bearer of this news but this is how it is. :whoops
Going shortly to sahara sunset club in Benalmadena and wondering where best places to eat in that area within easy walking distance.Any nice pubs with a bit of music also would be good.Thinking of taking train from airport but not sure how far Benalmadena Station would be from these apartments.Thanks in anticipation.
Train station is quite a bit from Sunset... talking possibly a 10 euro taxi ride but still lot cheaper than taxi from airport.
Couple of very good restaurants within walking distance are the excellent and bonkers Aberdeen Chinese in Palm Tree Avenue and the Rodeo steakhouse on the front, just past the windmill roundabout.
Thanks. Will give them a try and maybe look in to getting a bus instead.
Not sure what the story is with getting buses from the airport as I've never looked for one. Maybe someone else can help. The Sunset is, however, on the main bus route between Torremolinos, Benalmadena and Fuengirola. I'm guessing your best bets are taxi from the airport, 25 euros approx, or train to Benalmadena/Arroyo (1.50ish) and taxi to Sunset, 10 euros approx. Once you find your bearings, you'll get around OK. Sunset is on the outskirts of Benalmadena on the Fuengi side. Walked past it many times, quite big, with its own restaurant, bars and entertainment. Never been inside, tho, does seem to be a lot going on. Enjoy... goin out myself to Torreblanca end of Feb and countin the days...
Actually.. looking at the Google map, think may have mixed this up with Sunset Beach.. they're in same vicinity but yours is closer to a lot more.. nice looking whitewashed apartments, near Benal Beach hotel and the park.. same taxi/train fares apply, though you're within walking distance of a lot more places.
Yes jimg, you'e right with your last post, lots of people get the 2 mixed up. Sahara Sunset is a bit more central and smaller than Sunset Beach. It's near Paloma Park and about 15 mins walk from the Marina.
Cheers Liz.. just so long as Lynne goes home to the right one at night, it will be alright.
Im sure will find way back after night out.Have always been able to do that.Thanx for your help.Presume the restauranats you mentioned are close to the Saraha or are they near the sunset.Hope you enjoy your holiday.Going to check our Nerja with a few to going there on next short break.
Both Aberdeen Chinese and Rodeo actually closer to your place than Sunset Beach. For the Aberdeen, turn up at the McDonald's, along the front to the right of your apartments. Do give it a try... they are totally mental. Rodeo is to the left,directly on the front.. charcoal grill type of place. And do you know in 22 years going to the coast, I've never been to Nerja. Maybe time to put that right and all.
You have a good one.
If I am thinking of the same place, the Sahara Sunset is just behind the Hotel Las Arenas.

There area some good restaurants in the area. The Milan Indian/Italian is just up from the Windmill roundabout and the Port O' Call carvery is about a 10 mins walk towards Benalmadena, near the Mini Golf.

luci :wave
I think the Sahara Sunset club is passed the windmill roundabout and just off the main coastal road, more or less off the road opposite Castle Bil-Bil but before Palm Tree Ave, the complex is on the west side of Palmola Park stood with your back to the sea.
I tend to know the park area better and if you know where Selwo Marina and the buddha statue is, you're not too far away,coming in the opposite direction they are down the road heading for the beach from the Selwo roundabout....There's quite a few complex's on the west side of the park, some are time-share and not as well known as the Sunset Beach Club, I know I had a right job a few years back looking for the Evita Pueblo complex for someone.

I think people can get mixed up between Sunset Beach Club, Sahara Sunset Club and the Sunny Beach Apartments, the latter are just up from the windmill roundabout and on the left before the entrance to the park....I've stayed in them a few years ago. :wink: If I was travelling light, it would be quite a nice walk down from Arroyo train station, otherwise jump in a taxi outside the station, I would hazzard a guess you'll be there in less than 7 minutes.

Sanji
Worth considering seeing that your hotel is on the bus route,why not consider catching train to Torremolinos,then hop on a bus,destination Benalmadena Costa or Fuengirola.The bus will only cost 1.50 each at most.
Will let you know info about Nerja.Looking forward to Rodeo for meal and will give Aberdeen Chinese a go.Will also try train and bus from airport to Torremolinos. Going next Monday so thanks for all information.
I'm going Thurs 4th but will be taking the train to Arroyo/Benalmandena, then a €5 taxi
ride. The bus from Torremolinos can be a nightmare if you have luggage.
The bus from Torremolinos can be a nightmare if you have luggage.

The bus from Torre can be a nightmare with or without luggage, :smile: and not forgetting that when you come out of the train station in Torre, you have to drag the cases up the rest of Calle San Miguel to the nearest bus stop, situated across the main coastal road. (pelican crossing is a must)

I personally wouldn't consider the bus, I'd get on the train from the airport, get off at Benalmadena/Arroyo de la Miel train station and get a taxi.
Personal choice. ;)
Hi, we have had a timeshare there for the last 6 years.We just arrived back ourselves today from there. There are loads of places to eat, you will be spoilt for choice. But agree with others about Port O Call, and Aberdeen chinese and Milan Indian which are not too far to walk to. If you go to the marina area, the Wok bar is good value at 12.95 euros in an evening and cheaper at lunch time. You can eat as much as you like and choose your own food and watch it being cooked too. Wish we were back already, have a great time.
will go by train and then taxi.All very helpful including places to eat. hope its sunny - then perfecto.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.