Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hiya,

We took our 11 and 8 year old kids out there the middle 2 weeks of July last year. The temp hit the mid 50's for a few days, but in general it was still VVVVV hot. I dont know that i would choose to take them at that time again. We did make the other continental tourists and took a siesta every day. We would go for lunch around 12.30-1 than off to bed or even just a lie down for a couple of hours. We found this worked well, as we were all fresh in the evening and we didnt have grumpy kids who were over tired. I think i would prefer Easter or October to visit again, purely for more comfortable evening temeratures. however I know that the prices are quite a bit cheaper at that time of year.

Enjoy, MrsMac
OK MrsMac, thanks.
Sorry for butting in, but above reply was meant to go to MrsMac for reply to one of my questions (Sharm el Sheikh, Kiroseiz. any info?). :oops:
I would not contemplate taking a child of any age to Egypt in summer. My memories of Egypt in July, the temperature at times could be likened to opening an oven door and placing your head in !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.