Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Hi Emma
We went to Salou for half term last year, the weather was quite warm, like a nice day here in summer, though a little chilly at night, and it only rained one day, warm enough to warm just shorts and t-shirts.
Port Aventura, at the weekend will be very busy, as it is halloween, however park is open till midnight on the Saturday and 9.30 i think on Sunday, it has shows all based around halloween, just be carefull if you have little ones, some shows are a little scary, during the rest of the week, the park is very quiet and there are very few queues for the rides.
The sea can be quite cold, as will outdoor pools.
We enjoyed it that much that we are returning this year
Thanks for the reply Sue. Really looking forward to going. We got an amazing deal on a 2 bed apartment at Sunclub Salou in Cap de Salou and we found out we could use our Chessington passes at Port aventura.....so it just had to be done. We are going to spend a couple of days in Barcelona on the way back. Shocked at how expensive hotels are there.
Nine weeks and counting!!
Definately pack a couple of jumpers just in case. We have done October a couple of times and you may need them of an evening. I would pack a lightweight waterproof too.
We were in Cap Salou at the end of October a couple of years ago. The weather was a bit mixed and you will definitely need a cardigan or jacket at. We did notice that some of the pubs and restaurants had already shut down for the winter, and as the week went on more closed every day, until the end of the week there weren't many left. One place we did find was an American theme restaurant which was very good.
We went to Salou last October half term. As per previous comments Port Aventura very busy with French at Weekend but quiet in week. Weather was nice. Family swam in the sea on the last day (without freezing to death!)
Be aware that the town is very quiet and many hotels/shops/restaurants will be closed or will close at the end of the Halloween week
we went too cap salou for 2 weeks (just back last week) if theres anything i could try helping anyone with just ask. we stayed at vancouver apts.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.