Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
sea princess
20 Posts
as on all princess cruises if you have a walk out balcony then you can use them to smoke.
if you want to you can eat in the buffet without having to dress up to much ,but for the main dinning rooms its so much nicer to dress up then you will not feel out of it .
and yes the drinks in my own opinion are very dear
thanks john for the info so how much for a pint please and a bottle of wine if you know please
My parents in law have just returned from sea princess. There are some smoking areas on board. They found drinks to be similar to uk prices. Apart from formal nights you can dress ad you would for night out in uk.

They had a fab time.
i was on the diamond princess last may the drink prices as i remembered them are .
a large can of fosters $7.5 thats was about £ 5 ...a bottle of decent wine approx $25 thats about £16.
cheers..
just wanted to know can you wear casual wear in the bars and the clubs of sea princess or is it suits all round, and what sort of beers do they sell ie stella budwieser etc thanks
do they have any offers etc on the alcohol can u get an all inc deal when you board or not
Hi, in answer to your question, the simple answer is no! We returned from a cruise on Sea Princess at the end of January. You can get deals on soft drinks and coffee and tea but not alchohol.
I am afraid there is no option to upgrade to an all inclusive package once you are on board either. We were hoping to be able to do this ourselves.

John :cheers
Hi, you can dress as casual as you please in all of the bars and clubs on Sea Princess. The only place where suits are mandatory is the Traviata and Rigaletto restaurant on the formal nights. There are usually 3 of those on a 2 week cruise. The rest of the time it is "smart casual" in the Traviata and Rigaletto............i.e. open necked shirts and long trousers (or suits if you wish!) The Horizon court buffet restaurant is a place you can go in any dress you like..............although swimwear is not allowed!
Sea Princess is quite an informal ship. I was a bit wary of the formal nights as i didn't particularly like the idea of wearing suits for dinner. I actually enjoyed the experience!

The only public smoking area on Sea Princess is on the starboard side of the Promenade deck (deck 7)
A pint of Draught beer in January was $5 It was Stella if i remember. Bottled beers ranged from around $4 - $6. There was quite a selection. Remember that there is a 15% gratuity added to all drinks purchased on board.

JohnDoe,

Are you sure about $7.50 for a tin of Fosters - that sounds excessively expensive for such a low quality beer? Can anybody remember what other beers are available, preferably on draught, and their prices?

Cheers,
Jet
almost certain jetnoise it was a slighty larger can than a pint but not by much .
p.s and i do like a drink. :(
are these prices with the 15% added or not if not how much for a beer with the 15% on thanks all also how much for a jd and coke with the 15% on thanks all
Thanks for that JohnDoe - guess that I will have to take advantage of the beers whilst ashore and bring a few on board to enjoy in the cabin then :-)

Cheers,
Jet
The US ships tend to carry the Fosters Oil can 750ml/25.4oz/1.3pints

On RCI(Nov) this was $6.95 (27.4c/oz)
20oz(pint/ 568ml) draft $5.75 (28.75c/oz)
(both +15%)
All prices advertised on board were excluding the 15% charge, so for example if you bought a cocktail for $5 , then the total price including the gratuity would be $5.75. Given the current exchange rate, this would make the full price slightly under £4. I found the cocktails very good value!

Princess are high expensive cruises and we have to pay more for smoking, for food and further cultural activities.
mikemorgan23 wrote:
Princess are high expensive cruises and we have to pay more for smoking, for food and further cultural activities.

Are you thinking of a different Princess Cruises?
Hi All,

Was wondering if any one could update me on the current prices of alcohol on the Sea Princess. Thanks :sun
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.