Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi Rod
Its a bit of a phenomenon, the seaweed stuff at Ayia Napa. It *seems* to be there to some degree most years; worse in the Summer. It seems to linger in the shallower water, but clears once you are out a bit.

I called it seaweed stuff as it doesn't seem like seaweed that you would recognise as seaweed. Its green and long and very thin. OK - great description Pubdog :lol:

Not something that I would be (am) worried about though :D

Ady
Your right it's not seaweed it is in fact sea-grass, there are fields of the stuff at around 20 meters depth, when it dies which can be caused by boats anchoring and environmental changes it gets washed up on the beach

Maurice
I cant see what the fuss is a bout .... collect the stuff mash it up and put it on your face before you go to bed lol , save yourself a fortune in beauty products lol
I have visited Nissi beach a week ago, the water is very clean, no seaweed.
I wouldn't worry about it (unless I was putting it on my face as suggected by Martin!) There really isn't too much and you can avoid it if you want to as it tends to be patchy. It's a great beach so enjoy it! :D
Hi, you are right, there is a bit of sea grass in the water on all the beaches in that area. There is not enough to spoil your experience and, as already said, once you get out a way it has all gone. The sand and colour of the water makes up for the sea grass!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.