Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi ! We stayed at Port El Kantoui last August and found the sea to be really clean no seaweed or jellyfish.
We have recently been and the sea was very clean :D
I think the main time we saw alot of seaweed on the beaches was more so in the winter months when they dont clean the beaches ever day.It usually gets swept up onto the waters edge and left on the beach quite thick in places. In the summer months the water is crystal clear and the beaches are cleaned every day and there is hardly any seaweed or litter about atall. As for jellyfish cant say we ever saw any :D
thanks for your answers

I hope that i found a great beach at tunisie.
Came back last Monday,no jellyfish and water was clear
You do occasionally get jellyfish in the sea especially when it has been windy and they can give you a nasty sting. Most of the hotel beach staff will have a topical remedy or you can try wet sand. It goes red and will be a bit sore for a day or so.

Dorra
  • Edited by dorra 2006-06-27 21:39:26
I've never been stung by jelly fish but I've heard that rubbing the place with a cut tomato is the recommended remedy if you are.
Just got back from staying at The Royal Kenz in PEK (FABULOUS!) and unfortunately even thought the water was beautiful and clear etc my poor mum DID get stung by a jelly fish. There is a remedy that may make you go 'eeeewwwwww' but it does work (learnt it went living in Australia but never had to use it before! )Human urine is the way to take the sting out. Its the ammonia that will do the trick. May sound disgusting but if something hurts that much you will do anything! The tomato remedy is soothing but the sting does return but won't if you use urine (your own preferably - obviously!!!!!!) :shock:
Hi all, :D our 14yr old daughter got stung on our last full day in Hammamet. She was in agony. We took her to the resturant and used the tomato trick and ice but it took over an hour to even begin to calm it down. No sooner had we stopped with the ice the sting came back. Ice doesn`t last long in those temps! If the urine works go for it. It`s just one of those things........ regards.... mike.. :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.