Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
secret tourist
23 Posts
Thanks for reminding me Phyll, i knew it was on but forgot the day ;)
right I'm putting a large reminder above the computer .Anyone know what hotel is the main feature :)
I definitely will be watching!
I read some really bad reviews of this tv series and how a lot of the stuff they were reporting on seemed to be a "set up" so I didn't download any of the episodes.

Would be interested to hear any viewers point of view on it so far.....

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
Well as long as its not sbr then i am safe x
seen it...so glad it is not a place where I have ever stayed...M. Ing. Ing.
Haven't seen it yet -Scotland is behind!!!!!
So behind in fact that it's not the Egypt one tonight: it's one we saw last week on Tunisia!
Watched it, come on now to check the reviews and now I've forgotten the name . :duh
Crikey Dave remembered . Thats a first . Gardenia Plaza. Fantastic reviews on TA . Not.
You can watch it on BBC iPlayer, the resort is the Gardenia Plaza Resort.
Just watched it on iplayer Graham :tup

Reviews say it all- do people still not do their research?? :rofl
Never even heard of that hotel, where about is it?
Ah sharks bay, no wonder i havent seen it.
I have never seen it despite staying in Sharks Bay 4 times. Anyone know where it is - say in relation to Soho Square?
Secret Tourist just about the worst travel programme on TV and definitely the worst presenter. Wish the Beeb would bring back a proper holiday show oh how I miss Jill Dando.
From the snow on the ground, the family went out around Jan this year, the health expert went ten weeks later, and recent posts (yesterday for example) on TA give examples of very poor personal hygeine from both staff and guests. Shockingly poor in some cases!

Scientifically, some of the terminology used on the programme is a bit wooly, but the evidence from people who have been recently is that the standards haven't changed one iota. The management rep was also very dismissive and his attitude can't have helped any.

Thank the Lord I'm not going there!
It was next door to a building site Pat (unfinished small block type) that George said looked very familiar but I guess there are lot's of those about .

Ah right just looked up that pasha map in the sticky and it's not even on the coast . Out in the middle of nowhere at a guess close to the highway that runs along (peace rd is it)It's alongside the Al diwan hotel way back and behind the section where the Tropicana Grand oasis is .
A building site??? In Sharm???? :rofl

I am in agreement with nicmacuk actually - I don't like the programme, and definitely don't like the presenter. I have watched it twice now, but don't think I'll bother again - only really watched it this time because it was Egypt, but since I am unlikely to change my hotel there for future visits, I shouldn't really have bothered! That woman with the bottle samples and all her kit is also getting on my nerves...
:rofl

I found where it is Pat and just edited my post . It's well away from where we stay . thank the lord
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.