Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
|I have just returned from Bulgaria today, load your nationwide card. I have been getting between 2.20 and 2.24 from Atm's using above. Hotels were only offering 2.10 for Sterling. Tonyt
Please don't be nervous, the place is great and all these problems that people talk about have been over exagerated!
Hi Dee,

I suggest that the best thing that you can do is to read sarahnew's 'before' and 'after' threads.

Hope this helps,

Baldur

<Edit> If you look at my daily updated post on current exchange rates HERE, you'll see why most of us who visit Bulgaria (or any other destination abroad) regularly use our Nationwide Debit/Cash Cards in preference to any other form of obtaining local currency.
Many thanks

We are off in four weeks

Really looking forward to it especially after the reassurances I have been given

Boils down to being sensible and using your common sense

Just like when you go any where new

Lot happier

Dee :cheers
Could I ask what forum gave horror stories as the sites I visit have loads of positive reviews.

:sun2 Toonman
I have just seen one on trip adv but it is only one and has a mixed response
It was onbeachbulgaria.com on a general discussion site. I am not alllowed to post the link here because I have not got enough postings?

Dee
Hi
I think you'll find that the post you refer to on BB was posted last August. Also, you'll see how the regular BG lovers have answered.
Just take heed of all the advise on these forums and Im sure you'll find that all your fears and worries are over nothing.
I too, along with HMJ, are frequent visitors on the BB site and also Trip Advisor. I think you may have come across the No.1 pain on the site, a Bulgarian who virtually pulls his country apart at every opportunity. He constantly changes his name( Think at present it's Mikey ) but all the visitors who go to Bulgaria regular just laugh at him and he's been warned off numerous times.
Read the real reports from visitors from the sites and you'll see for every bad one there are 100 good one's. Read McFester's report who has just come back and then stop worrying.

:sun2 Toonman
Many thanks for all your help. As I stated earlier I feel really reassured about my holiday and cannot wait. Flying on the 9th July.

Many thanks to all of you that replied and helped me.

I ish I had done a review when we got back from Crete kast year with regards to our apartments as they were awful. Will definitely do a review this year.

Once again thanks for your help.

Dee :sun2
Dont know if you post on 'the othersite' but you may have noticed a rather large crowd are meeting up in Sunny Beach on 13th July at 4.30pm. Why dont you join us?
It was great to meet up with Toonman and a few other regulars last September!
Hi

Where are you meeting? Never been to Sunny Beach before.

I am in countdown mode

Dee
theres 2 meeting 13th july and 28th june at sharkies everyone one is most welcome just log on to Beachbulgaria for details
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.