Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
I've not been to either of those places but we have been to lots of islands in September. I prefer it as it tends to still be hot but not uncomfortably so. You can expect the odd rain shower but it shouldn't spoil your enjoyment.
The only bad experience we had was in Zakinthos about 5 years ago - it rained for most of our 2 weeks!!

Hope that helps.
I hope it doesn't rain the whole week when we go this september :roll:
We have been to Greece a number of times in September and have always been lucky with the weather.Daytime is normally excellent,tends to get a bit cool in the evenings.Occasionally you may get a cloudy day.
We are off to Skiathos on 2nd September this year.
sounds good. hope the weather is good for you.
I hope it doesn't rain the whole week when we go this september

don't worry Anne I'm sure it'll be OK - we were told that was highly unusual
We were in Crete first two weeks in Sept 2003 and 2004 each year it was excellent only one day out of both years was it less than 75 and that was due to sea breeze so we just walked to the local village and had a meal and few drinks but other wise it was still much like a good summers day in the UK.
Posted this a few times,

http://www.wunderground.com

A very good site for historic weather in more or less any region.

Not gone into too much research but both Skiathos certainly looked OK September last year.

Short cut link too Skiathos

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/WLGSK.html

Didnt post Pelion, couldnt find it!! :oops:
I hope Kos is ok in September!!!
We have been to a number of greek islands in September & October. We have been very lucky. September very hot during the day and a bit cooler in the evenings. October hot in the day and much cooler in the evenings. Exept one year on Kefalonia in October it was a mixture of thunder storms and quite a bit of rain and brilliant sunshine. However, whenever we go we always get enough sun to get a great tan.
Crissy 8)
We went to Kos in October 2004 and the weather was fantastic. Very hot in the day (in the 80s every day) a bit cooler in the evening, just needed a cardi to go down to the shops & restaurants.

Crissy :sun
thanks for that!!! i will take a cardi when i go...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.