Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
SHACK LICENCES
48 Posts
Pacheco - the tourist minister of the moment - said a couple of weeks ago that he would get them out in September. As he has lived in America he has propably realised, at last, that something had to be done about the shacks. He has also said there will be be changing huts on the beach, proper lifeguards and designated bathing areas. We shall see.
Next week he'll tell us how to nail jelly to the ceiling!! :rofl
:roll: :roll: I will believe it when I see it. Like the new Marina they are building for next year :rofl Anybody else got a friend in the shacks out there who will confirm when the licenses are out. Mine has gone away until 4th October :whoops
And they are looking at putting the sun beds up to 20 a shack . It was 5 a shack then they have said 10, now the shack owners are asking for 20 . 5 is stupid as last season a lot of 2 weekers didnt even get a sun bed on a shack at all.
I have just spoken to our friends who have a shack in Calangute. The latest information is that the application forms for shacks are being issued on 18th September. The "lottery" to see who gets the shacks will be done a fortnight later :rofl :rofl .
According to our friends who are fairly sure they will get a licence, the shack will be up and running by the end of october. :sun2
Just realised, that having read on another thread about the Russian charter planes arriving towards the end of september, it is no wonder the Goa tourism department wants the shacks up and running as soon as possible!!! :think :think
Not sure why, every year, they go through the nonsense of this lottery. Every year, sometimes sooner, sometimes later, all the established shacks, miraculously manage to be successfull in this so called "lottery", and appear in the same site as before. As locals and visitors alike, can see it's a nonsense, why on earth do they persist in it? Alan
Cos someone is making a few bucks out of it :rofl
The draw for the shack licences will take place on the 30th of September.
:really Allan.
The what - "draw" for the shack licences will take place on 30th September.

I will be there then so will see if I can get a front row seat for this - will it be like the draw for the European Cup where there will be tv cameras from all over the world or will it be in a room in South Goa in tourist minister Pachecos tourist office where the highest back hand bidder will get the first licence then so on down the line - as usual.
Hi Jean!!
Just come back from Morjim and the whole beach is smothered with oil and tar. Shacks are already being built and of course no-one is cleaning the beach. Plenty of Russians here already and have been for past two months even here in Siolim. Anyway the late September flight has been postponed till..............November!
Shack allocation this year will be 90% on past history of running a shack, weighted by how many years the remaining 10% by a draw. It is also proposed that shack owners will have to display a copy of their licence and a photo outside the shack to avoid someone else leasing it. However, in todays Herald is an ad by someone looking for 3 shacks to lease in Baga already. The police are stating that all shacks will be required to close by 11pm and shack owners will be held responsible for any problems like drugs or violence in or in the vicinity of their shack :yikes
11pm seems a bit early especialy if you dont eat until about 9 pm
by the time you have eaten and want to go for a drink the shacks will be closed
Last season various shacks had bbq nights or karaoki nights and they stayed open until midnight. We went to the Oceanic shacks bbq twice and left well after midnight.

Guess they had a special arrangement with the local tourist police :rofl
It seems to be one rule for some and another for others
Sorry should have added that it was only one shack in about 20 that stopped open after 11pm.
Walked the whole length of the beach belt on wednesday baga to candolim no shacks in site and at candolim end near the big metal mess(river princess) lots of oil/tar washed up on the beach
Ganesh shack in Candolim, have got there licence today, and Ganesh hopes to be open before the 20th October, so I guess all other regulars will have theres also.
Yes spike, the shacks all have their licence, apart from Cavelossim
http://oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=10448&cid=2

x lassi
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.