Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi we are staying at the sheraton this year,would appreciate any tips on what to do in the area and what the hotel is like.thanks

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
hi
we were at this hotel 2 years ago the hotel is lovely the rooms are really nice, big pool, and the food was exellant a lot of turkish stay here .there are security guards at the front of hotel as you go through a scan on entering the hotel .there are lovely glass lifts to take you to each floor the reception area is huge . there is a back gate which is quicker to get to the main road to walk up to the town which is a good walk away but is a lovely walk nice few eating places on the way at the front of the hotel go left and walk down and you will come to a big shopping center which has some good clothing shops in there and a place upstairs which has a variety of places to eat . the bazzar up in the town is big and it's on at night we got lost on leaving it so watch which way you leave it as we ended up in a part that the taxi driver who eventually stopped says not good area at night. the town has plenty going on day and night bargains in the town are good . there are day trips to sarrounding markets which are good and fun . lovely beach ,at the back of hotel small eating places just out the gate nice small intimate places to sit big massive cushions under canopys .
hope this helps a bit and enjoy your holidays :sun2
I can confirm Myra's info.Stayed at the SV many times when buying our house here.I would add that as you come out of the bottom gate the tram stop is in front of you and they run every 30 minutes to town.If you get off at the clock tower and follow the road down this will take you into Kalechi or the old town.Lots to see and many bars eateries etc.Having lived here for 6 years I have never heard of any bad areas in the centre or indeed anywhere in Antalya.Weather at the moment is T shirt and Shorts which is not bad for March.

Ian
hi

i stayed at this hotel in may for a sales meeting.

its a fab hotel, lovely gardens and pools and the rooms are nice.

as has been said the drinks are a bit dear - 7 quid for a pint of beer!!! argghhhhh!!!!

good job the company :bow were paying! :glynis
here are my thoughts..as a resident of Antalya for over 14 yrs now;

things to do in this area.

Well first of course is the Antalya museum located within walking distance of the hotel. I'm sure that the shereton will give you proper directions once you are there.

2. there is a great park just outsde the hotel call " Cam Pyramid", meaning " Glass Pryramid" great for spending some time in the tea houses over looking the harbour and walking around the park.

3. the " Mini-City" is just outside of the Beach Park. Here are miniatures of famous buildings throughout Turkey.

4. " Beach Park" has lots of great restaurant and small bars.

5. Shopping is across the street at the MMM Migros mall ( there is a food court as well) Or to the movies at the cinema.

6. You can take the tram ( located across from the museum ) to the center of the city and visit the Kaleici ( old part of the city)
There are plenty of restaurants in the Beach Park area with various prices..so I think you will find something to your taste..the Beach Park is located below the Shereton Hotel on Konyaalti beach.

I have ate a the 7 Mehmet...the views and atmosphere are stunning but then so is the price !!! ..it is one of more expensive restaurants in Antalya..

One of our favorites is the Gaziantep restaurant in the Ataturk Park also with nice views over the sea..it is located after the museum along the tram stop and within walking distance..averagely priced with good food.

I would say eat out and then you can experience a variety of restaurants..and many are also located in the pictureque area above the old harbor marina

an average meal should cost you about 40-50 liras in total for 2 persons..of course depending on how much you might drink especially wine in Turkey is more expensive due to high government taxes..

but you can also eat for less than that as well..depending on the restaurant..try and get away from the typical touristic restaurants as they will be a bit cheaper..

also you can go across the street and eat in the food court of the large shopping center called 5M migros..a variety of turkish foods and fast foods..

I guess I could go on an on.....

my photos of Antalya and the surrounding areas..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/sets

here is a map of the area

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=36.885619&lon=30.674188&z=17&l=36&m=b&search=sheraton%20voyager

and you will see on the right had side of the page the location of the Antalya museum ( Müse ) ..from there you can get a tram across the street to the old city center..

hope this helps :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.