Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
Hi JenM, always great to see another Cuba fan on the forum :tup

Paladares or private restaurants and we managed to book one before even leaving home to make sure we would not be disappointed!

It can be really hard to find a decent a paladares because they come and go so much - can you give some further details of the one you went to? I'm hoping to be out again later in the year and would love to give it a try.

we went to an evening show of the Bueno Vista Social Club which was fantastic

Were where they performing? I've only ever seen the various line-ups when they've been touring the UK and would love to try and catch a performance in Havana sometime. It's a shame that the majority of the performers featured on the original CD and in the film documentary have now passed on but the current incarnation do the heritage proud and the last time I caught them here Omara Portuondo was singing with them - looking physically frail but still in fine voice.

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.