Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
With the topless bit, I never feel comfortable doing that in Turkey. Some do, but not like Greece.

as for the goods it all fakes, some good, some great, some not so good. There is a Lacoste shop in Fetiyhe, but prices are not much different to here, especially as you get the duty free option at Gatwick, where its a little cheaper anyway.

There is a market in Fethiye on Tuesday (I think), it sells fake clothes, towels, belts, bags, shoes, turkish delight, tea, household goods, fruit & veg & lots of other bits & pieces. It's huge, well worth going to.

Also have a market in Hisaronu on Mondays, the same stuff as Fethiye, but much smaller.

Olu is fab, where are you staying?

Kim
Kazd - theres a lovely clothes shop in Lykia World itself. It sells really nice swimwear, dresses, shoes etc. Its not cheap though. Hisaronu market sells fake stuff, the exact same as Fethiye market, but Fethiye is a nicer day out. You can go to the market and also to the "real" shops, as well as visiting the amphitheatre and the harbour.
In Lykia World some women go topless but not many. If you like to do that you can go to one of the 2 adult only pools where its a bit more appropriate. Theres also a nudist area at LW. Its tucked away near the Hammam and you are unlikely to come across it unless you were trying to find it.
Blimey Bridd I may be getting a bit more relaxed in my old age but nudist :shock:

Yep maybe I'd better keep my top on, when I take it off it just means my knees are in the shade :lol:
Also something that I found a bit hard to get my head round last year.

In handbags at least there are often 2 qualities of fakes. :shock:

For example the popular Mulberry handbag that costs about 500 quid in Mulberry here, they had 40 pound ones and 80 pound ones. (those were the prices you could barter down from)

First of all I thought it might be a bit of a con but when the guy got them out and showed me all the linings and seems and I felt the leather there was definately a diffference in quality. Didn't buy either though. :wink:
Hi have to agree with doepsmc

There are definately good fakes and bad fakes. The market fakes (IMO)are not as good as the Olu Deniz shop ones. Some of them are truly horrible, it depends what you intend buying. Bags there seems to be a big difference in quality, jeans also, some very good some downright tacky!!
Same with watches and sunglasses. Although I did see some original glasses in Hisaronu, and they were def cheaper than England. T shirts are generally quite bad copies, but I found a shop in Hisaronu last Oct which sold much better quality and more different designs and different brands, a lot more expensive than the others, but still far cheaper than England.Can remember the name of it, but it looked a lot more upmarket than the others in the town. It was on one of the main streets, sorry cant be more specific. There is far more choice in Hisaronu than Olu Deniz too.

Did not see any genuine clothes shops in July, but in October they were holding world championship paragliding and there were temporary surfing, and no
fear shops and it was much cheaper than England.

What are you looking to buy??
Don't be put off the market fakes by the post above.

I got my daughter a fake chloe bag last year & its the best fake EVER, most people would be fooled.

It was from Fethyie market £60.

But yes, there are fakes & there are fakes.

Kim
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.